5. R A B B - L O R D

*%*

"The son of Shoieb Waheed, Aaban Zaveer Waheed."

Her eyes widened at the familiar name

Shoieb Waheed

One of the most, of the most feared man in the town that Haniyah lived in. The man who was known for countless murders, the man who even the police don't want to mess with.

His heir who is standing in front Haniyah wasknown to be more ruthless than his father. Haniyah was never interested in these things nor did her family ever speak about these matters. Any time her brothers brought the topic, her father would always brush it away.

Her heart started to beat faster

The man she was apparently betrothed to was the mafia was one of the most feared man.

Aaban Waheed.

Tears welled up in Haniyah's eyes, as fear crept into my body.

There in front of me stood a man who can kill me without a second thought.

My heart was beating fast, and she felt faint. The fear she felt was something that was unexplainable.

Building up the courage to ask what has been nagging her mind ever since Asiya left the room, she opened her mouth to speak.

"W-what was-"

"-look," he cut her off "I don't know how to explain this to you"

He took a deep breath as he ran his hands through his deep black locks, and started into Haniyah's tear-filled eyes, trying to build the courage to tell the truth that was hidden from her for 21 years of her life. A slight chuckle left his mouth.

A man known for his ruthlessness was nervous in front of a woman. He couldn't build up his courage as he didn't want to see her hurt. An emotion unknown to him.

"I don't want to lie to you." He began, "I honestly do not know that whole story, and I don't want to go wrong somewhere, so tomorrow my father will explain everything to you." He finished.

"I-is there anything y-you know about w-what Asiaya was saying?" Haniyah spoke, finally looked up at him.

He sighed at he rubbed his temple.

"You supposed to marry, like I mentioned to you this morning," He closed his eyes and sighed again, "your father called last night, changing the deal of when our wedding is supposed to be, which was on your 23rd birthday" he opened his eyes and looked at Haniyah. He could tell she knew where he was going with this. It broke his heart to see the tears that were filled in her eyes.

"He asked to change the day to when I will take over."

"Which is?" She was almost afraid to ask, but she needed to know.

Hesitation laced his eyes, as he took a deep breath.

"In three days."

Her heart stopped.

It was as if she couldn't breathe.

How could baba do this?

How can any father do this?

Giving their daughter to a dangerous man, a dangerous family?

Did he call because he believed whoever sent that picture to him it had been actually me and Adeel?

How could they just give me away like this?

Everything became blurry as tears streamed down her face, her breathing became uneven and her hands began to shake. She no longer knew what was going around her..

Dark thoughts filled her mind.

"Haniyah?!" She felt hands on her cheeks, "Haniyah, breath!" She heard a panic voice from a distance.

Aaban was on his knees, kneeling down next to Haniyah as he panicked. He placed Haniyah's head onto his chest where his heart was beating

"Haniyah, listen to me, focus on my heartbeat, breath in and out," she tried to do as she was told, "that's it, in and out," Aaban spoke.

As Haniyah's vision started to become clear, she stared into his eyes.

She saw an emotion that she believed was unknown for a man like him.

A man like, Aaban Waheed.

His eyes, they were laced with worry and concern.

"Is she okay, son?" A voice spoke, making Aaban and Haniyah jump as they look towards the place where the voice was coming from

There stood Aaban's father, Shoyeb Waheed.

He was a man that was feared, not only in their small city, but was feared around the world. The tales of his countless murders and ruthlessness always roamed the steer

My family blindly gave me to this family.

Fear crept back into Haniyah's body.

Aaban turned to Haniyah as spoke to her so soft as if he was speaking to a child

"Are you okay?"

Haniyah just nodded her head too afraid to talk.

"You should get some rest child, it's already dark out, get some rest, there will be a lot of explaining that going to take place tomorrow." Shoyeb spoke, he looked away from Haniyah and looked towards his son. "Come along Aaban, we have some very important things to discuss."

Both father and son made their way out of the room, as they did, Haniyah collapsed at the foot of the bed, burying her face in the blanket, letting the tears flow out. Her eyes and her heart cried in pain, in hurt, but most of all in betrayal. No one could ever understand the pain she was feeling.

Except for Allah...

A small voice spoke from the back of her mind.

it's dark outside

Isha

Slowly standing up, with shaky feet she got up and prayed

As she fell to prostrate to her lord, she cried. She cried for him to help her, for him to show her a way, for him to tell her what to do.

She cried until her eyes were dry.

As she finished praying, she took of the hijab she was wearing. she made her way to the bed.

As her eyes and mind began to shut, a small voice spoke from the back of her head.

"Be Patient. For what was written for you was written by the greatest of writers."

And putting all matters in the hands of Allah, she fell asleep, with a light heart knowing that no matter what happens, Allah will be there for her, as he is the one who has written our faith.

*%*