10. L A M H A - M O M E N T

Aaban hand gripped Haniyah's as they walked down the aisle towards the stage. A smile on his face as he help his wife's small hands in his.

His wife.

The words still felt so unknown but it felt so good to acknowledge the beauty that was walked beside him. Not behind him nor I from if him but beside him. He wanted her beside him for the rest of there lives.

They made their way toward the couch that was placed in the stage.

Haniyah sat like a shy bride on the stage with Aaban next to her as she played with my ring. She was once again dolled up, this time her dress being completely gold and less heavy.

"Are you okay?" Aaban whispered into her ear, she looked up at him and smiled lightly as she nodded. He smiled back, but it immediately dropped as he looked up as a person came and stood on the stage.

Haniyah's  eyes widened as she met his eyes. Her mouth ran dry and her hand become sweaty.

what is he doing here? What is Adeel doing here at my reception?

She didn't dare say a word, as her husband grabbed her hand in a tight grip, it was as if she can feel his anger.

"What are you doing here, Jay?" Aaban growled, making Adeel him smirk.

How does Aaban know him?

"What, I can't come to my bestfriend's wedding?" He looked at Haniyah and handed her a boxed gift. She stared at it, then looked at Aaban, who had motioned the guards that she didn't notice had came and stood next to our seats. The huge man took the box and opened it, Haniyah's  heart fluttered as he pulled out a the box, in it was the ruby ring that belonged to his mother. She turned my gaze to look at the man who once she called her bestfriend, the one who ruined her life. A man she doesn't think she can ever forgive.

"You don't need to give me this," she took the box from the big man and held it out for him.

"It's an apology gift," He smiled sadly at her as she felt her husbands grip get tighter.

"But it was your mothers." She felt tears in her eyes, his mother's death was hard on everyone, it was a shock when she died, and she knew that ring was very close to Adeel.

"That's why I'm giving it to you," He smiled as he turned around and walked away, her eyes fell on the ring box and she held it out to the man, who placed it back in the box, placing it on the gift table.

She felt Aabans grip get lose, but he never let go of her hand.

As time pass by, she hoped that she would see someone from her family, her hopes were crushed when she saw that no one from her family was present at her reception, and soon it came time for then to leave.

The drive home was quite as the drove. Haniyha's mind still thinking about the ring.

Heading up to their room, with the help of Asiya, and Barakah, Aaban sister. Haniyhah sat on their bed and took the box from the pile of gifts by their bed and opened it back up, she pulled out the ring and stared at it, many thoughts ran through her mind,

How can he give me this ring? I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive him, nor do I think I'll be able to ever wear this ring, I can't.

She was so into my thoughts she didn't notice Aaban had walked into the room.

"What makes this ring so special?" He sat down beside me, startling her.

"It was his mother's, it was the only thing left for him." She smiled sadly

She looked up at Aaban, "but how do you know him?" His eyes turned black, as he shook his head, "thats a story of another day." He got up and made his way to the closet, he came out and handed Haniyah a shirt and tights. She thanked him and stood up making her way to their ensuite .

She removed her make up and took off all the jewelry off, she changed into the clothes Aaban had given her.

She walked out and saw Aaban had made a spit for both of then to sit on the bed with all the gifts that they received in front of them, waiting for her.

"Shall we open these." He smiled at her as he gestured to all the gifts on the bed. She  gave him a tired smile as she made my way to where he sat.

She picked up a box that was wrapped in a complete gold wrapping and opened it, and immediately regret it. She blushed as closed the box shut before Aaban could look what in it.

He raised his brows at her, "What in that?"

She shook her head and her eyes widened as he tried to reach of it. She kept a tight grip on the box as he tried to grab it, and with her being weak let then him, he succeeded on grabbing the box from his wife. As he opened it, a smirk grew on his face, as Haniyah's grew more redder with the next sentence he said.

"I hope I'll see you in this one day." As he pulled the disturbing clothing out of the box.

"Then you can keep dreaming" Haniyah spoke as she grabbed the bra and panties from him and stuffed it back in the box and threw it onto the ground.

She ignored his smirk and continued to open the gift boxes, and thankfully nothing disturbing came out of any other boxes.

As they opened the gifts, they laughed and talked, about random things, their hobby's, funny childhood stories, her obsession with Nutella.

They both could fell their walls slowly melting.

Haniyah felt at peace, she felt happy. It has just been a day since she got married, and it felt like it was just the two of them, she forgot about her worries and let herself fall into a hole of happiness.

She really wonder was what allah has written for them?

She smiled as the boxes continues to pile at the edge of the bed.

She felt content.