11. K H A N D A N - F A M I L Y

Haniyah's eyes fluttered open, her face pressed against Aaban's covered chest.

She looked up staring at his face, and for some reason her heart felt at peace.

He looked so peaceful while he slept.

What am I thinking?

I'm supposed to hate him.

So then why is my heart beating so fast?

It was written since the day
the pen was created...

The voice from that night spoke again in her mind

It's Allah who writes our destiny.

The best if the writers, the one who has written her fate.

Two weeks had passed by since their walima. Haniyah's heart was still wary, she wanted to let go, to move forward, to start a beautiful life with her husband. She wanted to get to know him. The only thing she knew about him was all the things that the media had said about him.

She felt conflicted, confused. She saw the way he treated his mom, the way he treated his sister, the way he treated her. His eyes held respect, his actions and words screamed respect. His actions completely denied the rumours of his encounters with women. When he spoke to her, he would speak in a calm voice, in the way she had read                               the prophet صلى الله عليه وسام  do so. She no longer saw him as the cold hearted murderer that the media and people showed him to be as. She wanted to know what gave him the title of being one of the cruelest man alive. How can a man who's eyes hold so much respect for his mother ever disgrace another woman?

Shs had started to realize that this man has tough walls built up around his heart, a dark past that haunts him.

She has heard thesmall whimpers, the frightened "no" that would escape from his lips and his eyes would twitch while he slept. She kept that a secret, kept it with her. She wanted to know what made such a strong man crumble in his sleep like that.

So much has changed between them.

He hadn't tried to kiss her like the night of their wedding, he never forced her into something that she didn't want, he always acted like a gentleman towards her, and that's what made her begin to fall for him.

It's ironic how so easily we break the oaths and the promises we make to ourselves.

She had promised her self that she would never be his.

That she would never fall in love with him.

Just the mere thought of him made her heartbeat fast, when he's in the room she would forget how to breathe, when they would  touch sparks and fireworks explode in her stomach.

She was falling in love with him

She was so lost in her thoughts she didn't notice the man she called her husband was staring at her.

His deep chuckle brought her out of her thoughts causing Haniyah to scream, Aaban quickly covered her mouth.

"You don't want anyone to thing something dirty do you, Haniyah?" She felt his smirk against her bare neck causing goosebumps to explode over her skin

She tried to say something but her voice was muffled by his big hands,

She looked up at him with angry eyes.