13. M A D H I - P A S T

Haniyah closed her Quran and placed it on her side table. Her eyes started out the window in the room, the stream of water surrounded by trees that were softly changing colour. She let out a small sigh and made her way to her husbands office as he had told her he wanted to speak to her.

Walking in, she sat next to her husband on the couch. He smiled at her as he pushed his laptop off of his lap and pulled her into his arms. She smiled slightly as he gazed down at his wife.

"You wanted to talk?" She kissed the dimple on his chin as she cuddled into her husbands chest a bit more.

"I'm going on a business trip"

Haniyah's heart stopped as she moved away from the warm arms of her husband.

"A business trip? For what?" She looked at him in confusion and alarm.

"Someone going around killing innocents, I need to go check it out." He muttered as he pulled his wife back into his arms.

Haniyah ran her hand over the arm that was wrapped around her body as she sighed, "Please be careful"

He pressed a small kiss on to her forehead, " I have millions of bodyguards, doll."

She glared up at him as she grumbled" that doesn't mean you can't be careful."

"I'll be careful, my love." He laughed lightly as he cuddled his wife closer into him.

It was hours later when Barakah bursted into the office. Aaban, who was asleep, laying down across the couch with his head in Haniyah's lap, shot up.

"W-what happened" his voice was heavy with sleep.

"She's, she's here" Barakah spoke with wide eyes. "Veronica is downstairs"

Veronica Asas was a woman who Aaban would never make the mistake of trusting. She was a woman who had stabbed a knife in Aaban so deep that he can still feel the wound in his back. He loved her. He truly did, but she turned out to be someone who he had deep hatred for now.

His heart began to beat fast, as he stared at his wife. Her safety was his main priority. He could never trust Veronica, not after she tried to kill his sister. He will never risk the lives of the ones he love, he had done it once and he will forever be in regret of it.

Aaban pulled out his phone, rushing out order to tighten up the security, causing Haniyah's thoughts to be filled with confusion. He, then turned to his wife, saying "whatever happens downstairs, please don't freak out." Confused, she nodded as she followed her husband and his sister out the office.

As they made our way downstairs, below the stairs there stood a woman. Her hair was pitch black, eyes vibrant blue, her dress hung on her body perfectly, showing off every curve. Her heels made her legs look long and sexy. She held herself with confidence and power. As Haniyah stared at the beautiful woman she felt conscious and insecure as she was dressed in some black skinny jeans and and light cream blouse, her scarf was wrapped lazily around her head her engagement ring and wedding band were the only article of jewelry she had on. She felt her husband intertwine their hands,
Haniyhah glances up at him, his soft smile calming down every nerve beneath her. Aaban immediately wrapped his arm around his wife's waist.

"Aaban!" . Her voice was high pinched, loud and obnoxious.

"Veronica." Aaban nodded at her, his voice stiff and firm.

Veronica made her way closer to where Haniyah and Aaban stood.

"I believe we have never met." She stood in front of Haniyah as if she were trying to intimidate her.