6. M E H N D I - H E N N A

Haniyah sat on the edge of the bed as she stared at the henna beautifully drawn on her hands.

A sign that showed what was to come the next day.

Tears flood her eyes again. I'm getting married tomorrow. It wasn't how she ever imaged to get married. She had no choice but to this. She didn't know what will happen if she denies him. Will the kick her out? The string of her heart pull for some reason as the thought of leaving crosses her mind.

She didn't understand why did she has to marry this man. She was about to marry a very dangerous man. A man known to be ruthless. A man who kills innocent. A man the world fears. A man who was known not to love. She might have seen a soft side of his last night, but she couldn't take the risk, there is always a facade to something.

She sat there lost in thoughts, doubts and conncerns for her new life roamed her mind. Her eyes fell on the dress that was hung on the curtain. It was a dress that one would dream of. Beautifully decorated, someone had put all there love and hard work into it. The shining crystals sparkles against the red fabric as the moon shined down on it. The little stones that was scattered around made the dress stand out. It was unlike any wedding dress Haniyah had ever seen.

This is wedding dress. 

Her heart clenched at the thought. She didn't want to get married. She didn't want to do this. She wished she could escape but she knew they would find her in a heartbeat.

They can hurt my family.

Haniyha sighed deeply. She missed her family.

Haniyah heard the door open and her eyes lifted towards the door, where Shoieb stood.

"Can I come in child?" His strong voice spoke, not wanting to say anything, Haniyah nodded my head.

He smiled as his gaze fell upon her hands and the dress.

Haniyah was thankful that she still  had her scarf still on.

"I know you have a lot of questions," he sat on the couch and stared at Haniyah,     "go on ask."

Haniyah's heart began to beat again. She was finally going to get the answer to the question that were nagging her all day long. The answer to why she have to marry a ruthless man.

"What dept did my father owe you?" She stared back at him.

He didn't blink an eye, or hesitate like his son had. He was never a man to beat around the bushes, always straight to the point.

"When you mother was pregnant, with you and your brother, they were poor, so poor they were at the verge of being on the streets, and with your older brother and another baby on the way, they were worried they didn't have enough money to raise two kids, that time they didn't know that they were having twins," he licked his lips and took a deep breath, "so they came to me, and took a loan, a huge loan was it. It was enough to support them for a life time. I told him to keep what ever was necessary and what he needed. He promised to return the money that was left the day you were born. There had to be money I left. I had given your father millions of dollars. Then came the day your mother went into labor, then your brother was born, not even 6 minutes later you were born. One of my men was at the hospital and immediately contact me, as I made my way to the hospital, he didn't have the money, whatever money he had, he had used it for you." He sighed once again."Look Haniyah I am a man of my words. That moment I had to think like the man I was known for. For some reason, I had this feeling, this feeling that you will change our lives for over, so I had to do it."

Haniyah didn't feel any emotions, her fave had gone blank. She already knew where this was going. How did her life become another cliche story?

"we made a deal, either when you grow up and marry my son and I'd continue suppling him money, or he can get a job and pay us the money back."

The cold feeling left Haniyah as tears began to stream down her face.

"I know that the world makes us look like a ruthless family. I know exactly what you're thinking."

He got up from where he sat on he chair and kneeled at the bed where Haniyah sat.

"There came a time where I was going to break the deal but still continue to give your father the money he needed. But a tragedy destroyed the family I had. I believed that you would be the one to cure my son. You would be the one to bring back my happy son" With stressful look he spoke once again " Your marriage to Aaban is no longer in mine OR Aabans control. The head of the mafia has found out about the deal. A man who is more powerful then any one of us. If we don't go through with the wedding, everyone that is included will die. Everyone from my family." He paused and looked up at Haniyahs terrified face.  

"Child, I promise you that we will treat you like a princess, my son will treat you like a queen. You'll find a father in me, a mother in my wife, and siblings in my other two kids, we will make this your new family, and I am person that never breaks his promise" he wiped her tears and place his hand on her head, he read a small duaa and lightly blew it on Haniyah. He prayed to Allah that he eases all her hardships, that he removes all the doubt from her heart. That he fills his sons and her lives with happiness.

"Get some rest, tomorrow is a big day."

Shoieb walked out leaving Haniyah in her own world.