18. A L W I D A H- F A R E W E L L

*2 months after the death of Zainab Azad, the mother of Zuber and Adam Azad, and Haniyah Azad-Waheed *

• Haniyah is now 18 weeks pregnant •

"Don't worry doll," Aaban took his wife's tiny hands into his. "he had a fast yet painful death, that I promise you."

Haniyah didn't say anything, because she didn't care anymore.

He killed her mother.

And her heart was in unbearable pain.

She hand saved her. She told everything to Aaban, about everything her father was planning. She was her mother.

How could someone be so cruel?

She was angry and sad, but most of all she was hurt.

There was a hole in her heart that would never be filled.

She was gone and Haniyah had to live with that.

All this time she was with Aaban, it made her forget about everything. He managed to win her heart, even though he was so cruel. She broke down his walls and she saw the man he was behind it all. He was just a broken boy who lost his mother. He was kind, he was sweet. He loved his family more than anything in his life. It was always his family before anything. All Haniyah could think about was how much her life has changed since she's been married to Aaban. Who would have thought a girl like Haniyah would fall for the most feared Mafia boss, but here she was.

But right now, it felt as if she was drowning. Drowning in her sorrow.

The funeral was dreadful. Three siblings had held each other until it was time to read salah on her. She didn't she has ever cried as much as she had cried when they were taking her body so that salah could be read upon her.

May Allah grant her the highest rank in Jannah

Aaban pulled his wife into his chest, and that was when she broke down into tears.

" it's okay to cry, my love" he looked down at the love of his life. " I'm not going to say it's alright, but I will say it's gonna get better." He rubbed his hands on her small back.

He wiped away her tears away, turning around to look at where his family was sitting.

" I was lost when my mother was killed. She was my everything I looked up to her. She taught me everything I know." He smiled.

Shoaib's head snapped up with the mention of his late wife.

"Losing her was like losing a piece of me. I lived with the burden for years that I couldn't save her that night. I remember the terror that was in her eyes, her screams, her pleads for them to stop, I remember l everything. I remember how my father broke down at the sight of his wife being burdened." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, " I let that burden take the best of me, I let it control me, I was out for blood, for power. I forgot everything my mother taught me. I became the man that I'm known for now. A ruthless murder." Tears began to fill his eyes, as his family all sat and listened to what he saying, letting him pour out his heart, whatever he had kept inside him for so long.

"But no one saw that fact that I never sold drugs, I never killed a woman, I never sold a woman as a slave, I never touched a woman in the wrong way. I killed those who tried to hurt the people I love, tried to hurt the innocent. I was lost. So lost I had forgotten who I was." Haniyah wiped the single tear that fell from his eye. Aaban looked down at his with a small, soft smile.

"Then you came along, you came and changed me. You did what my family tired doing for the past years. You made me believe." His kiss her forehead.

"I've only killed the men who have crossed my path. I'm not as ruthless as people make me seem"

" I know the truth." Haniyah smiled at him.

He placed a kiss on her cheek, Adam making a sound of disgust, so the teasing can light up the dull room.

"Save that for the bedroom, lovebirds, there are little kids here." He looked at Baraka who turned around and slapped the back of his head.

"OW! Woman, who do you think you are? Adam exclaimed.

" I'm Shoieb Waheed's daughter," she smirked

"They fight like a married couple," Zuber mumbled as everyone looked on at the two with amusement. "You've got that right, Zuber" Aaban shook his head in amusement as Haniyah stared at him.

He was truly beautiful, in every way and no one could tell him otherwise.

Aaban  Waheed has been through hell and he was the same tough man, that claimed she belonged to him that fateful day.

Haniyah felt the little flutter in her stomach that made me smile.

A small bump had grew, Haniyah took the large hands of her husband and placed it on her baby bump and rested hers on top as they watched their siblings quarrelled.

Then, suddenly the lights shut close.

Aaban raised his head off of his wife's shoulder as Haniyah I immediately looked at Aaban, who looked as if he wasn't panicking but Haniyah could see the emotion that was held inside his eyes while he lightly rubbed her stomach in order to calm her down.

He stood up in  front of  Haniyah and pulled her into his chest

" Whatever happens, Haniyah, Don't panic."

She just nodded her head. All he did was kiss Haniyah's forehead.

She watched in as her husband walked over to everyone in their family as if he was saying farewell.

He walked over to Aayan whispering something in his ears, to which he, Aayan nodded.

Then Aaban walked over to his father and mother pulling them into a hug.

"I love you" Aasiya whispered into his shoulder, tears falling down her eyes.

"I love you son." Shoieb patted his sons back.   "be careful"

"I'm Shoyeb Waheed's son, I know what I'm doing for my family" he stared at his father. 

He kissed his sister's forehead, pulling out his wallet her handed her a crunched up piece of paper. He nodded at Haniyah's brothers m, before walking towards the door.

He turned around and his bright green eyes meet Haniyah's  teary ones as the moon shined into the darkened room.

"I love you." She spoke.

She m wanted him to know, she felt like she had to tell him that. Whatever was going to happen was going to be bad, really bad. Haniyah had a feeling that this was the last time she'll be saying those three little words to him, and that scared her.

"I love you too, doll"

And with that, he walked out.