Chapter:35

[3RD PERSON'S POV.]

It's been days since the new year but lights on the streets and other decorations were still bright and beautiful.The climate was so cold and the snow was still falling continuously.

Haneul was sitting here in this cafe in front of Jaehyun with slightly reddened nose and quivering lips which he thought was cute.Surprised would be an understatement when he heard from his cousin hoseok that haneul wanted to meet him.He had thousands of thoughts going through his mind when he first heard about it but he decided to meet her to have a proper talk after years of being separated.

Silence and awkwardness started to fill the atmosphere and that's when he initiated a conversation,"Is there something you wanted tell me?"

It's ironic for her to feel nothing when her name slipped out of his tongue when she used to fall head over heels for this guy.The last time it was unexpected to meet him so her reaction was different but now she looked calm.She was chanting why?I'm so stupid repeatedly inside her head.

Silence engulfed the two of them for nth time.Haneul couldn't make her speak when she was the one to call him but she just wanted to make everything normal or you could say shot out everything before going back to Seoul.It might be too sudden but it's her new year resolution to have everything that hurted her come to an end so that she could start a new chapter in her life,just like her mother wanted,she wants to be happy.

She will soon meet Taehyung but she doesn't know when.

"I'm happy you found Taehyung,that guy sure loves you alot."he spoke again.He couldn't deny he felt a spark of jealously forming within himself but he was happy一 happy for her.

"That guy punched me hard after that incident.I'm really sorry!I-I'm sorry for breaking your heart."he let out a nervous forced out laugh when he remembered how he was beaten by his own friend.

Her heart sank at the mention of taehyung's name,she wanted to deny that they aren't together anymore but she couldn't when she noticed a faint smile dancing on his lips.

"Jaehyun!I wanted to have a proper closure."Haneul finally spoke up making him nod a little before heaving a sigh.

"I'm really sorry for everything."Jaehyun trailed off,every time he tries to speak to her,he would feel a sense of guilt washing over his body."I know I was an idiot and I still am.I'm sorry for not looking after you when we broke up,For not trying to save our relationship instead of watching  how it ended pathetically.I-I am sorry for everythin-"

"Jaehyun its-"

"No,haneul it's not okay!I've always wanted to say these things to you but you never let me,you never gave me a chance."Jaehyun muttered under his breath but it was loud enough for her to hear.

Haneul felt a tinge pain inside her chest when he said the last words.That was not the first time she realised that she always tends to runaway from the things that hurts her instead of facing it.She was and is always like this.

It reminded her of Taehyung.

But I won't now,she promised to herself.

"You know?We always understand the value of something or someone when they leave us."he smiled facing her,"There's not a single day I thought I shouldn't have let you go."then he diverted his gaze the other way poking his tongue at the side of his cheeks.

Haneul could only force out a smile looking at the guy.She knows he tends to poke his tongue when he is nervous or holding back his tears.

"I've already forgiven yo-"

"No,Haneul!I'm not worth that!I'm not worth of your love."he smiled sadly reminishing the memories they had created together."I know you still blame yourself for everything.I-I don't know why I started seeing someone else when I was already一 it may sound absurd I'm also a boy at the end and all of us go through that phase.Even if we're committed,we still check out oh- I'm so-sorry I didn't mean-"he couldn't hide the embarrassment he was feeling right now.He mentally cursed himself for blabbering infront of her.

But Haneul chuckled at the way he was embarrassed right now and a tint of pink hues was visible in his cheeks.

"You can continue."she was trying hard to control her from chuckling but she stopped as a cue for him to speak again.

"So y-yeah I mean we look after others too.I'm sorry for being dickhead back then but I'm happy you found Taehyung now.I wish he will love you more than I did!I wish nothing but the best for you two."he smiled again concealing the sadness lacing in his heart.

Their story started when they were in high school.They were so in love with each other.Haneul had everything that people around her used to get jealous of.She had beauty,brain and a good looking boyfriend who would always be by her side,she had everything.

But it didn't last long too.

"I've already forgiven you.Let's just be friends."She said softly trying to hide the fact that she wished the same as him.

He nodded his head lightly,he couldn't suppress the smile that was forming in his lips.He felt as if a weight has been lifted from his chest.

Although things won't go back to the way it was before.