Chapter 24 - Laughter is important for the soul

(POV of the taller one Theodru)

I was so tired. My legs were shaky from walking and stepping over branches and large bushes. I checked the tracker. She was about a mile away. We weren't out of the forest just yet, but almost. I leaned against a tree for support.

"Wow. This forest hath my heart. 'Tis beautiful but very large."

"I know..." **huff huff** "I'm very tired, Theodru."

"Lets rest for now. 'Tis almost midnight."

"Tis indeed my fine fellow! Come morning, the chase begins."

Zabbais leaps in the air, his face in deep concentration. Sadly, his concentration was not enough. He fell short of his expected landing, slipped on a banana peel and fell into a river to my left.

What, how did that get there? Rar! He has impeccable timing!

Zabbais' head surfaced and he gave a roar of laughter. I wiped my nerves away and joined in his merriment.

Bravo Zabbais! You have once again impressed me with your need for laughter!

We both collapsed in a mossy glade by a small stream. Now Zabbais had a special power, the power of fire. He is able to dry himself completely at will. He now used this power.

The heat was too intense for me. I rolled away with gusto like a burrito rolling in fear of being eaten by a hungry child (if burritos could move independantly).

I didn't fear Tomato obviously, but I rolled with such vigor that I accidentally went too far and my roll curved into the water.

"Cold! Tis a horrible tragic tale of my undoing! My poor-"

Zabbais, being the superstitious one and didn't notice that I was trying to get away from him, interrupted my beautiful soliloquy.

"Hark sir! We are being marked! Someone wants to do us in! See, they pushed you in the water!"

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I went along with it.

"Oh dear, we better be more careful, aye?"

"Aye. This is serious bro."

"Right. I'm cold."

"Oh, I have a blanket for ya."

Zabbais pulled out the fluffiest blanket teri cloth towel he had ever seen and threw it over me. I sighed with relief and was warmed up.

"Farewell."

And with that, I conked out.