Chapter 64

Twitter: #Decadence @EinahWP

➳ Chapter 64

My eyes scanned the ginormous mansion right before us. The giant gates were built strong and primal. A lot of humongous trees surrounded the front yard, the opening area seated with two flower bed fountains.

The security were obviously tight, and it had me thinking ‘who’s the birthday boy?’ Damn. He must be drowning in riches and fame. ‘Loaded’ would definitely be the understatement of the century.

After passing the heavy checkpoint, Matteo expertly maneuvered his Jaguar. He looked breathtaking and very manly while wearing a serious look on his almost-bearded face.

I squeezed his thigh gently, and that made him throw a curious glance at me. His forehead knotted in confusion when I remained silent and smiled creepily at him. Tonight, I’m a woman on mission.

“What is it?” Matteo asked in a low voice. He turned the engine off before turning to me. His dark gaze studied my features carefully. “Why are you silent?” He asked, becoming confused.

Matteo held his hand out to reach mine.

“Who’s the host of this party?” I asked curiously. “I didn’t ask earlier because I really had zero fucks to give that time. I mean, what matters is, I’m with you. That’s why I’m here with you,” I explained.

Matteo’s cheeks reddened, his eyes widening at my brutal honesty. I shrugged my shoulders and gave him a wicked smirk. Tuwang-tuwa talaga ako kapag kinikilig si Matteo deep inside.

“What?” Tumawa ako. “It’s true.”

“Kinikilig ako,” pag-amin ni Matteo.

I grinned at him and patted his cheek. “Good.”

Matteo pulled over at the carpark. Yes, the host owned a carpark, and ‘huge’ was an understatement, too. Mala-hotel ang datingan ng mansyon niya. Manliliit ang sinumang bibisita rito.

The receptionist entertained us. Matteo showed her the invitation letter and informed her that I was his plus one. Magalang na tumango ang receptionist at nagbigay ng guide kay Matteo.

“Sino nga kasi ang may birthday?” I repeated once we entered the elevator. Matteo wrapped an arm around my waist and looked down at me. “Ang bongga naman niya,” I commented.

“You throw parties, too,” giit ni Matteo. “This shouldn’t be new to you.”

“For your information, wala akong mansyon.” Umirap ako. “Bakit ba ayaw mong sabihin ang pangalan niya? It’s not like kilala ko ang mga tropa mo,” nakasimangot kong utas.

“Tropa?” Kunot-noo niyang tanong. “He’s a colleague. Masyadong mababaw ang depinisyon ng tropa, Jergen,” mariin niyang sinabi. “You’re bright, babe. Put that brains to use,” he added, scowling.

I laughed. “How dare you say that?”

Napailing siya habang nangingisi. “You’re adorable.”

I hummed. “Yes, yes.”

Humalakhak siya at humalik sa gilid ng aking ulo. I pushed my body against him even more. Hindi naman masikip sa loob ng elevator at mayroon kaming apat na kasabay sa loob ngunit kung umasta kaming dalawa ay dinaig pa namin ang tamis ng unang pag-ibig.

Well, siya naman talaga ang unang pag-ibig ko.

Yuck, this is so not me.

Tumunog ang elevator hudyat na nakarating na kami sa mismong palapag kung saan gaganapin ang celebration. Pagbukas na pagbukas pa lamang ng elevator ay bumungad na sa akin ang dalawang matitipunong lalaki.