Epilogue

Twitter: #Decadence @EinahWP

Epilogue

I’m one obsessed man.

When I set my focus on something, it has to be mine. I always challenge myself by dedicating a three-hour time limit to formulate a plan that has zero chance of misfiring.

One of my brothers has served as an inspiration to become one effective man when it comes to facing unwelcome catastrophe. Dahil doon, mas naging pursigido akong abutin maging ang mga bagay na hindi nakalaan para sa akin.

Everything goes well according to the plan.

Pinagmasdan ko ang kapatid kong si Xairus, tutok na tutok ito sa binabasang libro na sa tingin ko ay may kaugnayan sa kanyang major. Ngumisi ako at inabot ang whiskey upang tunggain ito.

Gumuhit ang kakaibang pait sa aking lalamunan. Nagsilbi itong kaagapay ng isip kong naguguluhan sa kung anong mas dapat kong gawin sa sitwasyong inilahad sa akin ni Tripp.

Nagpasya itong iwan ang Demacia sa aking mga palad.

Kung sa ibang pagkakataon, I would have been more grateful and appreciative of the offer. Pero sa ngayon, wala akong inisip kundi ang kaakibat nitong responsibilidad na papasanin ko sa aking balikat.

Tripp used to be tough and pragmatic, but things changed.

Humilig ako sa upuan at matamang tinitigan ang bote ng whiskey sa aking harapan. What can I do? My eldest brother finally met his match. I’m still trying to fathom if my personal endeavours are enough to militate against him.

I know that it’s only a matter of time that one of us decides to turn his back on the Machiavellian Movement. Mas naging mahirap para sa akin ang sitwasyon sapagkat natagpuan ko na ang babaeng magpapahinto sa akin from jumping into one hedonistic act after another.

I know that I’m not one of the best brothers that my siblings can possibly have. I’m already consumed with my unstoppable vision of pursuit of something—or someone.

Sinulyapan ko si Xairus na ngayon ay nakahiga na sa sofa at hawak ang remote habang nagpapalipat-lipat ng palabas sa TV.

I shook my head, my mind still in deep thought. Sariwa pa rin sa aking isipan kung paano nag-umpisa ang lahat.

It was one Saturday evening and Xairus came home high and wasted. It was kind of alarming because he looked horrible, like a total loser. Let’s just say that Greg hadn’t really been forgiving that night.

Pinili kong huwag makialam purely because it wasn’t my business. I have matters to deal on my own.

“There’s this girl,” Xairus slurred.

Umismid ako at nagpasyang tapusin na lamang ang trabaho sa sarili kong opisina rito sa loob ng mansyon. Greg figured that it would be very much pleasant and convenient to have your own sanctuary to get lost in, while you’re home.

Walang tumutol sa kanyang plano. However, when Joyce insisted that she also wanted to have her own office, mahigpit naming lahat tinutulan iyon. Besides, she was still in college for her studies.

My conscience was eating away at me after that, but I remained firm and stood by my decision.

She cried for days, you know? It was torture for me as her brother, knowing that I was one of those assholes who made her feel extremely upset.

“And you want a happy ever after with her?” Greg inquired, his tone filled with dark humor and sarcasm.

Natigilan ako sa pag-aayos ng gamit at nilingon ang dalawa kong kapatid. It would be funny to look at, but I couldn’t appreciate it right now. It was more of an irritating scene that made my skin crawl.