Chapter 3

"I TAKE IT BACK! I DON'T WANT TO DIE YET!!!"

I enclosed my arms harder around the police officer who I still haven't gotten the name yet. I felt his chest vibrate of laughter as we sped down the high way, avoiding traffic.

In record time, I was already in front of my building, a few students looking our way. Who wouldn't? Being escortd by a police was enough to garner a few heads, but a gorgeous one at that? Well.

I hopped off the motorcycle and stood shakily on both feet. I took off the helmet he offered and gave it back to him.

"I'm sorry, I haven't gotten the chance to ask your name?" I said sheepishly.

"It's Max" he said offering a hand as I took it.

"Well Max, I'm grateful and all... but let's not do that again" I said eyeing my distaste for his motorbike.

"I'm pretty sure that won't be the last time" he said teasingly and I only laughed along.

I waved him goodbye and as soon as he was gone, I dashed like a mad woman through the halls of the building and into our designated room. I burst open through the swinging doors psyching myself for the lecture I was sure to get from Professor Grundy but then I entered the auditorium to see it empty.

"What the hell?"

I backtracked my steps and double checked the room number plastered outside and sure enough, I was in the correct place.

Taking out my phone from my bag, I immediately noticed the numerous missed calls from my best friend Cassidy.

I pushed the call button and within the first ring she picked up. Knowing my best friend for so long, I was already smart enough to not place my phone on my ear for the first few seconds. And as if on cue, "EVIE WHERE ARE YOU? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?" Cassy shouted loud and clear even if my call wasn't on loudspeaker.

Knowing it was already safe for my ear, I placed my phone and answered her calmly.

"I'm at the auditorium? Where is everybody anyway?" I asked.

"As hard as it is to believe, Professor Grundy called in sick and there were no relievers available- and wait hold up! You almost died and you're freaking worried about our class?!"

"I am fine Cassy. No injuries. But how did you know? Where are you anyway? I'll come"

"Girl, it's all over twitter" I honestly hope there aren't pictures. I didn't want to be a meme at any point of my life however funny I find them. "And besides, I'm already here" Cassy hung up as she appeared on the other entrance with an unamused expression.

I gave her the 'what I didn't do anything' expression but she wasn't taking the bait. I sighed and walked down the stairs to meet my drama queen of a best friend.

"Cass, look I'm fine" I said as I did a mini twirl in front of her.

"I'm relieved that you're fine but that's not the point, how could you cross a lane when it's red?"

"But it wasn't Cass. I'm positive I had enough time to cross" I argued.

Cassidy looked skeptical at my explanation but that was the simple truth. I didn't know whether or not I should tell her how the truck suddenly stopped... but I was also clueless as to how I can explain it to her without sounding like a total psycho.

"You're hiding something from me" she suddenly accused. What.

"Am not"

"Yes you are. Now spill!"