Chapter 12

I think my face lost all of its color. I don't even know why I was so shocked given that they have been telling me or 'educating' me for the past hours on things I knew should only exist in books and our imagination. Or my imagination at the very least.

But I guess that wasn't the case.

I glared at Death and distanced myself as quickly as I could. I showed him how annoyed I was but the truth was, his presence was very overwhelming. And the confusing thing about it is that I don't know whether it's good or bad. His aura and energy just pulls me in.

Death only smirked in triumph as he saw how affected I was. And of course my pale complexion did nothing to hide the blood rush on my cheeks.

"Are you guys leaving now?" Phoebe asked, cutting our stare off.

"Yes. Before she foresees us coming and start running away again" Death answered. He looked to me and stretched out his hand.

I rose my brow at his action and stared at his hand then to his hooded face. I slapped his hand downwards. Why did he want a high five- wait technically it was a low five.

He stared at me and bent hid head sidewards. And from the way I could see how his mouth was set, I was sure he was baffled.

He let out a tired sigh and then smiled tightly as he turned to Phoebe. "Does she come with an instruction manual?"

I think my jaw just hit the floor. Cassie did not even try to hide her laughter as Phoebe chuckled.

"Sweetcheeks, when someone offers their hand, the usual and normal response would be to hold it. Not slap it in a buddy-buddy way. We are sooo far from being buddy-buddy"

To be sassed by a seven foot brooding and muscly man is new for me. I couldn't even handle coming up with a response. Instead, he took hold of my hand and pinched my nose. I was about to protest when my voice caught up.

I felt my whole body being sucked into a void and black swirls filled my vision. Within a second, my feet touched the ground but my mind was still disoriented.

I choked on my breath but it wasn't as painful as the first time.

"What the hell?! Why did you do that for! You could've just told me to hold my breath!" I shouted at him.

"Maybe because that's a whole lot easier? I'm not quite sure how well your mental capability to take simple orders is"

"I- I.. fuc-"

"Uh uh language sweetcheeks" he cut me off.

I was fuming! First he insulted my mental capability which is- by the way - in a very fine condition. And to top it all off, he just decided to tag me along and transported us to god knows where!

"Wait a minute! I thought we were going to use the portals and- oh my god"

The scene in front of me literally made me freeze.

"Holy cheeseballs! we're really in Egypt?!"

"I don't know whether to be astonished at the fact that your common sense is very much dysfunctional. Because if you ask me, the sand, the weather and the fucking pyramid is proof enough that we're really in egypt, darling" he finished.

I flipped him the bird as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Be careful there sweetcheeks, I'm easily persuaded. And what you're insinuating just now..." he smirked evilly.

My cheeks flared as shock passed through my face when I registered his words.

"Oh my god! How do I keep up with you?!"