Chapter 6

I bent down as quickly as I could, not minding the fact that I was wearing a dress. Looking decent and acting like a lady was shoved back at the farthest side of my mind.

Picking up the broken finger and the gem, I stood up and tried attaching it back to it's place.

"Shit shit shit" I rambled as I tried to put back the piece to no avail. I felt myself sweat in anxiety and the room suddenly felt a little too cold.

"Why are you even here Scull? Pets aren't allowed here! Look what you made me do" I said panicking as I turned my back towards the cat who was partly to blame. Okay, maybe blaming a cat was a little bit farfetched.

"Oh my lord, what am I going-" I was suddenly cut off by a loud thunder that echoed all throughout the room. The lights flickered and they suddenly burned out.

The room feels ten times colder and the silence was deafening. The only thing resounding within the walls was my heart threatening to burst out.

I didn't know why, but I felt something or someone behind me. Goosebumps covered my arms as the presence felt stronger and more real. I could faintly hear the raindrops but aside from that, there was no other noise. There was none, but I knew, there were something else in the room with me.

I didn't even feel Sculley's presence anymore. I didn't want to look back, as silly as it sounded, I watched countless horror movies to know that looking back never did the characters any good.

It felt like hours of standing there in silence, in anticipation, but in reality it was only seconds. The gem in my hands suddenly caught my attention as it glowed bright amidst the darkness of the room. Rays of light seeped through my fingers.

Turn around.

I felt my breath caught up as I heard someone. It was just above a whisper, like a gentle caress to my ears.

Turn around.

What the hell? I thought. I find myself following, my body responding to the order no matter how hard I tried to fight it.

Turn around.

I wasn't in control anymore. My body turned around on it's own, only to find the statue that was once in the wall...gone.

I wanted to gasp in shock, but my lips were glued shut. The only thing I could control were my eyes. The gem I held suddenly throbbed in my palm. The coldness of it was replaced by a hot searing pain. I opened my palm willing itself to let go, but my hand wouldn't. Instead, my hand stayed open with the gem burning through my skin.

"Hmm. Looks like it found a new owner" a deep alluring voice suddenly said. He came out of thin air, and stood directly in front of me. My wide eyes were leveled with his broad and naked chest, but the scream that threatened to come out never did.

I trailed my eyes upwards, to his neck, his sharp jaw, then his crooked nose until a hand suddenly covered my eyes.

I released a breath and suddenly felt a little nauseous. I was breathing hard as if my breath was non-existent a couple of seconds ago.

"What the hell is going on?!" I flailed against the man holding me capture. I had my back against his hard body and from the feel of it, he was muscular and well big. Big as in I felt my head only reached his chest.

Focus Evie.

The man's chest reverberated as he chuckled at my words. I felt his head dip down, as his deep velvety voice whispered in my ear.

"You don't know how spot on your words are, sweet cheeks" he said as his stubble grazed my cheek. I felt my body voluntarily shiver. From what? I don't know.