Chapter 24

Alexandra pulled out a white gown made out of the most delicate material I have ever seen. My eyes widened in fear as I thought it was see through but when she guided me in putting on the dress, it thankfully covered the right parts, though the back was very revealing.

It was a dress the fitted snugly against my chest dow to my hips and flowed freely from my knees. I felt like my chest were going to spill out as Alexandra basically squeezed me in as she tightly pulled on the ribbons of the dress.

She placed the delicate gold chain neckpiece upon my neck which flowed down to my shoulder. She let my wavy hair as is, and placed a dainty crown upon my head with intricate designs that are far too perfect to be placed on me.

She left my face bare, since make up is of no use here. When I made my way towards the mirror, I was at awe at my reflection. Even though I didn't feel the part, I looked the part of a celestial. A chosen celestial.

The gold embellishments that hid the necessary parts glistened under the light and though I practically couldn't breathe from the tightness of the dress, I still felt beautiful.

"Are you ready?" Alexandra asked from my side. She too had changed her gown and was dawned in a gold low-neck dress.

"As I'll ever be" I muttered. She walked away to retrieve the box I remembered she carried a while back. When she opened the lid, she pulled out a very beautiful and delicate mask.

"I wasn't aware it would be a masquerade ball?"

"It has to be. That way, you would know their true colors. And not the ones they try to show in front of you to get on your good side" she explained which made a lot of sense.

"Then how else would they know it's me?"

"When you choose to reveal yourself of course. You have the choice whether or not to be acquainted with them. Choose wisely Vivienne. Some of them are very manipulative"

I nodded my head in understanding as Alexandra helped me tie the mask around my face. It framed me perfectly, the silvery material with gold beadings were a match with my dress. But what did I expect? Everything here is perfect.

The flame that Alexandra casted on the door turned a deep red and suddenly disappeared. And a moment later, Elder Sylvia's footsteps were resounding in the halls.

Alexandra quickly grabbed me by the shoulders and smiled. "I don't know what might happen next, but I'm happy to have served you. If tonight is the last time I'll ever see you, know that I'll always be on your side and I'll always have your back, sister" she said as she hugged me like it was a good bye.

When the knock came, Alexandra composed herself like how she would normally be as Elder Sylvia entered the room.

Alexandra bowed her head in respect and I only nodded mine in greeting.

"Vivienne, may I have a word with you?" She asked and looked over to my confidante. Alexandra wordlessly bowed her head and left. Not before sending me a look that was too fast for Elder Sylvia to see.

"I expect you to conduct yourself perfectly. These creatures... they are far too ahead of themselves. They feel like their kind is more superior than others wherein-fact, ours is" she explained.

I didn't like how she viewed these creatures as she have mentioned. Although our kind, power and strength are different, I think we are still all equal. But I nodded my head in agreement, remembering she doesn't know I regained most of my memories.

"As you wish, Elder Sylvia" I said looking her in the eye, devoid of any emotion.

"This gathering is simply to remind them that we are at the top, and they are below us" she said, every word filled with hate and disgust. Something that bothered me awfully. I have never seen nor come across a celestial who had the ability to feel hate and disgust. So why was Elder Sylvia spewing such hate?