Chapter 19

"I beg your pardon?" I was stunned to say the least, who was this old lady to say such mean things to me.
"That's very rude and inconsiderate of you to say" I defended.

"Ha! Rude and inconsiderate you say?" She laughed sarcastically. "You young girl is the one who's inconsiderate!" She shouted as she whacked my head with her paper scroll.

"Hey! Ow!-"

"You're not supposed to be here yet!" Whack.

"What stupid thing did you do again?" Whack.

"If I found out you did this just for fun-"

"Hey hey hey. Stop that hurts!" I said trying to shield my head from the paper scroll.

"Hurt? You young lady are the one hurting me! You're still a child, barely an adult and yet here you are!" Elder Sylvia said.

"Well do you want me to leave? 'Cause I will... through that door" I said unsurely. If she was that upset about seeing me, I would gladly get out of her sight.

"What am I supposed to do with you?" She groaned to herself. "We are immortal yet I feel like I am about to die of stress" she spoke with her hand on her forehead, obviously frustrated at me.

"I'm really not following here" I said which made her attention snap back at me.

"Well obviously. I know you don't know or recall any of these" she gestured around. She seemed mad, yet at the same time, she almost looked sad.

"H-how? How did you know?" Was I that obvious?

She rose a brow at me as if I had asked the most dumbest question ever.

"I... I thought this was a memory? I should have just let it play out as if I was, um, the first version?" It was awkward explaining myself when it was me whom I was trying to explain.

"It is a memory my child. But in our world, many things happen that are very hard to explain and comprehend. But think of this memory as an episode. It's saved and recorded, and you could watch it again and again. But the only thing different here is that, you could play your role. It's what you young kids say mindfuck?"

I almost choked on my own spit seeing a very old woman cuss like that.

"But it's how our world works here, there is no past, no future, nor is there a present. Simply because, time here does not exist"

I think my jaw just dropped and my brain just exploded.

"I feel as if I'm teaching you the basics all over again" she groaned. "Come, let me explain"

She gestured for me to come as we stood facing the gold fountain.

"Do you know what that is?" She asked referring to the gold liquid. I shook my head 'no' and she tilted her head facing me.

"That is the energy of the universe, the Amandla. In its purest and strongest form. It's how life is sustained and power is created. The place that holds the Amandla is called the holy cove" she said gesturing towards the place we were currently in.

"That's why time does not exist here, we live in a time loop because that's how the energy circulate" she explained.

"We, the celestials are the guardians of Amandla. We were created to contain and regulate the energy, or else, it would cause chaos and imbalance"