Chapter 20

"We're here" Alexandra said as she stood outside a big double door, engraved with a forest-like theme. I stared at the masterpiece in front of me, trying to figure out what story it conveys. I might look like a lunatic giving meaning to an engraved door, but Alexandra just nodded in understanding.

"That's you" she said, pertaining to the woman who's back figure was only shown. It looked like she was heading deeper to the forest, and all the creatures seemed gravitating towards her, towards me. 

I couldn't help but let my fingers skim through the magnificent artwork. My hand stopped just at the trunk of the big old tree. I peered closer and realized symbols were carved into it. But I couldn't make out the meaning.

"Let's get you inside, my lady" Alexandra said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I stood straight as she pushed open the doors. I couldn't contain the gasp that came out, nor the profanities that came along with my shock.

"Holy Shit"

Alexandra winced at my choice of words, but I just muttered an apology. I walked towards the center of my room and tilted my head up. "Wow"

From the murals, to the chandelier, and the king sized, four poster bed, my room was as big as mine and Phoebe's apartment. The walls were painted a cream color, while the windows were also a work of art. The stained mosaic glass glimmered under the light.

"I had your bath readied, so if you want to freshen up my lady, you may" Alexandra said.

"That'd be nice. Thanks" I said as I entered the room she pointed. "By the way, why do you call me 'your lady' and everybody else? I know you called me by my first name earlier?" I asked.

Alexandra smiled a sad smile and directed her gaze at the marbled floor.

"It's because you stand above us all. The chosen one, like a Queen. It is but natural we address you as such. Although you dislike the title 'queen' we simply address you as 'your grace' or 'your lady'.

You were not mistaken when you heard me, your grace. But I find it inappropriate to call you as such, when you don't remember our friendship" she answered. "Your meal will be ready when you are done with your bath. I shall take my leave now" she bowed and went outside the room.

It took me a couple of seconds to register what she said. It must be difficult if one day your friend suddenly didn't remember you. And from the looks of it, it seemed we were quite close, almost like best friends.

I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but when I opened the door of the bathroom, I was still amazed at the grandeur. It's like everything was sparkling. I proceeded to take off my clothes and dip my toe on the tub. Satisfied that it was the right temperature, I fully submerged myself, savoring the warm and relaxing feel.

I closed my eyes and laid back. I started replaying the conversation me and Elder Sylvia had back at the Holy Cove.

And so far, I have verified that I for one, was indeed a Celestial who incarnated as a human. Second, celestials are like pods that help contain and regulate the universe's energy and that I'm 'special' since the Amandla can't hurt me on the outside, which means I could physically touch it.

And third, Elder Sylvia mentioned something about predecessors. So I'm not the only one. At one point, some special celestial was also shipped to planet earth to save it.

But I'm guessing I'm the youngest one, given Elder Sylvia's reaction. I wondered if I was a troublemaker then, because she mentioned if I only did this for fun... I mean, I'm living the life here! Why would I want to leave this place just for fun?