Chapter 5

The days past by in a blur. The news about my 'accident' have already died down. I still refused to check the internet for the photos that surfaced, my dignity won't be able to take it if it sees a meme of myself.

Me and Cassy already made up, but she still acted suspicious which only added up to my anxiety. I was already jumpy as it was and her demeanor wasn't helping.

I feel like I get stares and I wished they were just because of recognition for the girl who almost died, but some of the looks I was receiving were somewhat of an eerie vibe.

I woke up extra early today since this day was finally our class trip to the museum. The place we were going to was situated on the neighboring town, just an hour and a half drive from our town. From what the professor described, it was like 'entering another world'. Of course he would hype us about it, how else would you make a trip to the museum exciting for a bunch of college kids? The history and art majors would surely appreciate it, but there were other majors who still took up the subject.

I chose a simple yellow summer floral dress with cut outs on the arms of its sleeves, and with a cut not too deep on the bust. It was cute and flattering, something that matched the warm weather.

Rummaging through my bag to check if I had all the necessary things, I shut the door to my room and was instantly greeted by Phoebe.

"Are you heading out already?" She asked.

"Yeah, in a couple of minutes"

She nodded and proceeded on making herself breakfast.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat breakfast first?"

"No thanks, I'll be late if I did. I'll just grab a granola bar or something" I said facing her. Something was bothering Phoebe from the fidgeting she fails to hide.

"What's wrong Phoebe?" I asked and she almost jumped in fright. I raised a brow at her actions but she just chuckled unsurely at me.

"Nothing. Don't worry about me. Be safe okay? Don't touch anything" she said seriously.

"Of course I'll be careful Phoebs. The things inside those museum probably cost more than my life" I joked. "Well I'm off! I'll text you when we get there"

I descended down the steps and in no time, I was already outside. I only took a couple of steps until a horn honked beside me.

"Hop in" Cass said as she rolled her windows down. I gratefully hopped inside her expensive car as we made our way to school.

See, even though Cassy and I were bestfriends, we were practically different in terms of the social economic scale. Her family was super rich and I on the other hand isn't. Even though that was the case, we still got along. She never rubbed me the wrong way and she wasn't as arrogant and self absorbed as many of her social scale was.

"This isn't your route Cass?" I asked remembering that Cassy lived on the other part of town.

"I had somewhere I needed to stop by near your place so I decided to see if you're still here" she explained.

"Oh that explains.. anyway, are you excited? 'Cause I am" I said, finding it hard to contain my excitement. Cassy just rolled her eyes and nodded along.