Chapter 15## Our Bond

The next i step in my house i hastily run to my room after bidding a short bye to Aiden. Aiden knows something's up with me and he just let me go this way, better not to stir me more.

"Mia come here and eat something." Mom commands me with a stern voice.

"I'm not hungry mom." I reply back her. I need some alone time to process what i have just seen back in the coffee shop. I fall face in my bed, clutching the bed sheets in my palm.

I hear a creak voice of someone opening my room's door and i know who it is. She sits in my bed beside me.

"Mia? Anything worng baby?" She asks to assure whether i'm alright or not. I nod my head saying

"no mom, everything is wrong."

She immediately places her hand in my shoulder in a comforting gesture, she knows how to make me calm.
I didn't tell my mom about anything which happened in past, both our parents are oblivious to it but they do know that we aren't the same Alex or Mia, we have changed, our friendship has changed, our life has changed.

" Want to tell me? You know i'm here for you dear." She says with concern in her voice.

I hate that somehow i have caused pain to my parents, they aren't responsible even in a slightest bit.

I lay my head in her lap, wrapping my arms around her waist. It always feels so good, peaceful in her lap. I couldn't control myself from saying her..

" I saw him mom." I say in a cracked voice.

"Who?" She asks stroking my hair gently.

"Alex, i saw him today in a coffee shop." I finally tell her.

She stops in mid way of stroking her hand. She didn't know the matter between us but little she knows that it always affects badly for both of us.

"And what happened?" She asks continuing her gesture to calm me.

" He didn't talk mom, he was just staring me." I answer her.

"And you didn't look at him?" She aks.

"I...i..i did."

" Oh my baby." She murmurs like it's hurting her to say anything and just like that i sob over and over again, sucking the air that isn't available. She rubs my back never once trying to stop my crying.

"I don't know how he could leave me like this, I don't how he could easily forget about our friendship, how out of all people he didn't understand me mom, how?" I express the misery that presents inside me .

""It wasn't fair then and it's not fair now that he is again back in my life."
I weep hard in her lap.

"Everything is going to be okay baby. I know it doesn't seem like that now,
i know it didn't seemed like that in past, but I promise you. I swear to you that everything will be okay." she says in her soft tone.

Sniffing my nose, sitting up and she wipes away my tears.

"Listen to me carefully, Your bond with Alex has so much strength." she says cupping my face in her hands.

"Mom" trying to pull my face away but she doesn't let me.

" Your bond with him is unbreakable Mia, believe me ,the moment i got pregnant he was the only one who said it would be a girl, he held you in his arm when he was barely two years old, he loved you that so much and i'm sure he still does." She says and give a kiss in mu forehead. Seeing my mom talking about the old memories just make me think that no matter how bad memories are, how hard the situations had been but we never wants to let go of those memories.

" You know before you both were even born , me and Lisa had been planning about your wedding and your babies." She giggles, i just look at her as she is smiling.

"So much has happened in these last few years, so many changes, but at the end everything happens for a good reason, for a greater purpose." She starts saying things to calm me down and in reality it feel calm.

" Do you love him?" She asks out of nowhere. I gasp, looking at her with wide eyes.

"I..i..mom.. actually..i " she cut me off.

" I know, we all know." She says smilingly.

" What do you mean by all?" I look at her, shock evident in my face.

" We, his parents, we both knew there was something more than just friendship you felt for him, it was pretty obvious in your face." She says.

I look down not able to maintain any eye contact with her.

" You shouldn't be ashamed of that, love is a beautiful feeling darling whether it's painful or not, there will be some point in his life when he'll aslo feel same for you."

"How can you be so sure about that?" I ask, looking in her eyes once again.

" He loved you before the day you have born and that love won't go away that easily." She smiles and get up from my bed.

I knew that memories all along both our parents used to share those events with us. When i was a teenager i always thought that i would keep those memories all my life and view it in light from every angle but at some point in my life i have realized that it's better to keep them in a box and throw the key away to minimize the pain. In reality i'm tired of feeling pain.

I look at her and give her a genuine smile. She can easily make me feel good. After she left i decide to help her in kitchen but then my phone lights up.

I notice a unknown number has sent a message. I open curiously the message and then my heart beat stops....