Chapter 23## Mrs.Max

After talking to Grammy and Grandpa i just feel relieved. I felt guilty that i didn't talk to them earlier. My life is messing with me in a worst way but i have to pug it all together.

I'm getting ready for my job. Yeah Stacey helped me to get a job in a restaurant as a cashier though it's not quite suitable with my degree but you know something is better than nothing.

I'm wearing a purple full sleeve shirt paired with a black pencil skirt which is emphasizing my hips in way that i feel awkward but i this is the uniform and i can't do anything about it. My hair are pulled in a neat bun. When i look satisfied i slipped my legs in black strap hills.

I reach at the restaurant after fifteen minutes of driving, it's not so far from my house which is a good thing for me. The restaurant looks lavishing. I notice ambiance was amazing, they are decorated with different kind of colour flowers. Waitresses are walking around with dishes from a table to another. Female staffs are wearing same uniform as me but the color of shirt is different.

I walk to the near desk where the girl is typing something in keyboard.

"Hello, I'm Mia Wilson and it's my first day as a cashier." I inform her.

"Ohh you're the new hired cashier?" She says with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah"

"Have a seat there and give me five minutes i'll be back." She says as she gets up from her desk towards the Executive Office. I take a seat and wait for her to come.

"Ms.Mia please come this way." She comes back with a file in her hand.

"Take this forms and fill up your details here and meet Mrs. Max in Executive Office Room." She informs me and gesture me to meet Mrs. Max.

I fill up all the details in the form and knock the door.

"Come in." A voice instructs. I enter into the office room where a lady in who's probably in her 40's sitting on her desk. She's going through some files and then she looks at me.

"Hello Mrs. Max." I greet her with a genuine smile.

"Come Ms. Wilson, have a seat." Her tone is intimidating.

"Thank you."

"So, are you ready for this job? You have done you bachelor's degree in business so why here?" She asks eyeing me from her rimless glass.

Before i can say anything a voice interrupts us..

"Mother, people out there are gossiping about customers other than doing their work." I'm trying to recall whose voice it is because i know it.

"I'll take care of that Julie, meet this young lady here.. she's the new cashier of our restaurant." The middle aged woman informs her daughter.

'Mother'

'Max'

'Julie'

'Julie Max'

Then it hits me, the woman sitting in front of me is Julie's mother. In a blink of a eye Julie comes in front of me. From the look of her face she seems to be as shocked as me, it soon replaced with evilly smile.

"So you're our new cashier?" She asks with amusement. It looks like she's already planning something in her sick mind.

"Yeah, i hope so." I say her, not wanting to communicate with her anymore i look back again to her mother. I know Julie is still watching me.
My inner voice is telling me to give up this job

'i can't do that'

'but i have to'

'no don't do this'

'this is fucking sick Julie'

'but i have to look after them who are dependent on me.'

"So, Mrs Max would it be fine if i join from today?" I ask her though i'm conflicting with my inner voice.

"Yeah Ms. Wilson it would be absolutely fine." She tells while signing the form which i gave her earlier.

Then she asks Julie to show me my desk. You can say that when ill luck begins, it does not come in sprinkles, but in showers, i'm feeling the same like that.

"So, as a cashier huhh?" She says sarcastically, absolutely enjoying this.

I don't say anything to her because possibly this is the best way to avoid her. When i don't give her any importance she continues to show me the office and lastly my desk.
I mumble a thank you to her but as you know she isn't good with manner.

"From today onwards you'll call me madam okay? as you're working in my restaurant."

She emphasizes 'my' more. I clench my fist as i feel humiliated, she isn't making it easy for me.

'why just i can't slap her just like earlier i have done?'

'why i just can't live a happy life?'

' Fisrt Alex'

'Now this bitch'

'All i want happiness for you Mia, you owe it to yourself '

Stacey's voice echoes in my brain and then i gain courage to look at her eyes and then..

"Yes mam, but i'll call you that until you maintain a professional relationship with me and when you're not maintaining it then i'll call you bitch, understood?" Wohhaa, i don't know from where i gather the courage as i say this with a raised eyebrow. Her mouth wide open, the look on her face is worth watching, she's just going to say something when her phone rings then again it replaced with a evil grin.

"Hello darling."

"Oh don't worry for me so much Alex, i'm fine."

So, they still are together, after everything she did to us Alex is still with her? am i that worst person that he wants to take his revenge and continuing his relationship with this bitch and just then it hits me, unbearable emptiness and guilt consumes me. All the memories of him with Julie starts falshing in front of my eyes. Again i feel like i'm the third person in their story but i'm not going to repeat the same mistake again. It's like fate has always been in their side from the beginning.

"Please enjoy your privacy." I tell her with a fake smile and walk away from there. If they are assuming they can torture me anymore then i would love to break their assumption because they can't.