Chapter 40 ## Faith

I open my eyes with all the power I have left in my body. It's feel like a ton of weight is pushing me deep in the ground and I can't even have the power to shout for help.

I see a lady with a white uniform beside my bed side table, doing something work with files.

"Ex...cuse me, Nu....rse?"  I feel my dry throat restricting me from saying anything.

"Yes, Miss Wilson ?. I see you're awake just let me call doctor first." She says while turning on her heel.

"Wait nurse. Please tell me where's my baby ?"  I enquire, as the vision of scariest event of my life flashes through my vision.

Something passes on her eyes as she fight for giving the answer.

"Please let me call the doctor first the  you can clearify anything." She rationalizes with her best sympathizing look.

My gut constricts from seeing her sympathizing look. I don't need any sympathy right now this time.

Why everything happens with me?

Why they aren't telling me how's my baby ?

Oh God please please please for this time don't take away my baby, please.

I get up from bed, swaying my hands in every direction for freeing them from the intravenous needle.

The nurse rushes towards me and push me gently on the bed.

"Wait mam, you can't do that. You have fractured leg and bruises, this isn't good for your health." She tries to push me back on bed but I don't care.

I don't care.

I fucking don't care.

"I don't care, fucking tell me where my baby is ?"

This time I can't help but a choking voice left from my lips.

"Please tell me, please, I'm begging you."

I was about to run away from this room when I see two people in white coat come in the doorway.

"Miss Wilson please calm down, we are doing our best." The older one whom I assume to be a doctor.

"Please tell me how's my baby ?"

The doctor takes his gaze on floor, avoiding any eye contact.

Internally at this time I never beg someone and feel it like my whole  life depends on it. I have heard everything happens for a reason for whole of my life but at this point I feel helpless to even think what would be the reason for this tragic end.

At the end,

nothing happens for a reason.

nothing.

"His condition is critical Ms. Wilson, as parent you have every right to know about his condition but seeing your condition as a doctor I cannot help but only say you that keep faith on God."

"Nooooooo."

I could only remember the last words of the doctor as again I feel pricking pain on my left hand.

But this time it doesn't bother me, all I want to fell asleep for the whole of my life.

'faith'

Does that word even exist?