Chapter 16## Bitter Truth

"Meet me at 7pm -- X"

I re-read the message God knows how many time, clutching the phone tightly in my hand. I don't need anyone to tell me who the sender is.

I immediately call Stacey...

"Hello." She says in a cheerful tone.

"Stacey it's me." I reply back.

"Of course i know, missing me so much?" She giggles.

"Stacey i have to tell you something."  I continue to say without giving any chance to her to reply back.

"Alexwanttomeetme." I spit it out, closing my eyes tightly. I feel that Stacey isn't saying anything.

"Alex what?" She questions me after a long pause.

"Alex wants to meet me." Again i'm facing the silence.

"You aren't going, are you?" She asks in a tone like she's daring me to say anything.

"I...i...i.. Stacey.." she cuts me off.

"Go, meet him." She says after taking a deep breath.

It suprises me that she didn't pull any fight about it. She despises Alex and anything related to him.

I'm about to ask her why she's willing to let me meet Alex.

"Before you start to ask me questions, let me tell you one thing i don't want you to blame yourself for the rest of your life, this is the chance where you can prove how strong women you are and no one can hurt you anymore." She says with determination. I love this girl, she always says right thing in right time.

"I will." I tell her with a little bit more emphasize in 'will'.

We bid goodbye and i look at the message of Alex. It reminds me how i used to wait for his message or call...

where i wished he would apologize to hurt me,

he would tell me that... he loves me as much as i loved him,

he would see how he's breaking me piece by piece,

but he didn't do any of it, if he did thing would have been different now.

After the last three years now it's time to face the reality, it's the time to re-open the wounds which has been covered by fake hopes.

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' i don't agree. The wounds remain the same, the scars remain the same, time only makes the pain tolerable.

After taking a cold shower, dressed in a casual t-shirt and jeans i come downstairs.

My mom is in the kitchen probably making dinner, i come towards her..

"Mom?" I call her. She turns back towards me smilingly. This is the best thing about my mom, her smile makes me automatically happy  no matter how bad the situation is.

" Going anywhere young lady?" She asks.

"Yeah, i'll come before dinner." I tell and hug her. She embraces me in her arm full of warmth, exactly this is the main thing i need now.

She gives me a kiss in my cheek and i walk out of my home. I start my car and drive towards my destination.
I know the place where exactly he'll meet me, that place holds so many memories of us.

I stop my car, knuckles are white due to holding tightly the steering wheel.
I look at my watch only to see i'm fifteen minutes earlier, i open the car door and sudden breeze of this place hits my nose and engulfs me.
It looks exactly the same i can remember, like it has been waiting for us to come again.
I have never been in this place after that night when Alex left me here, and now after three years we are in the same spot.