㉨A New Kind of Change 2/3 ㉨

can you guys comment ideas? cause like, i feel like all of my chapters are similar. btw this lance isnt depressed...yet.

AND THANK YOU ALL FOR 5k+ READS AND 100 COMMENTS AND 300 VOTES

::::::::::

Lance's P.O.V.

"Lance? Lance?" I slid my eyes open slowly, my vision blurry. When they focused I saw Pidge kneeling in front of me with a worried expression.

       I wiped my eyes harshly, trying to get the exhaustion out of them. My hands dropped to my lap as I looked back up to Pidge, the others were standing behind her.

"Are you okay, buddy?" Hunk asks as he leans down. I nodded and forced a grin through the pain. My arm was throbbing again, I could feel it pulsing in my ears.

Shiro offered his hand to me, I took it and pulled myself up. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"Lance, are you well enough to have something to eat?" Allura asked me, I turned to her and nodded.

We all started for the dining room, but before I went into the door, Shiro stopped me.

"Hey, do you mind if I talk to you later?" He asked me. My mouth flattened into a thin line, "Sure, I'll see you at the bridge after food." I said before walking into the dining hall.

       Keith waved me over to sit next to him, I smiled at him and slid into my seat. I felt someone eyeing my metal arm. I cautiously slid it under the table.

      Hunk waltzed into the room with his apron on and a tray of space goo. He set it on the table and took off his oven-mitts.

"Thank you for the food." I mumbled. Hunk sat down and announced for everyone to start eating.

I used my left arm the entire time. I felt uncomfortable displaying my right one, I'm still having a hard time using it. I don't really ever want to learn how to use it.

My hands shook slightly as I scooped goo into my mouth. I could feel my teammates eyeing me as I ate.

I had two servings, but I finished before everyone else. My mouth stuck in a straight line, not really knowing what other expression to make.

"Lance, are you feeling alright?" Coran asked me while putting a hand on my shoulder. I jumped, but nodded.

"Don't push yourself too hard." Shiro commented. I smiled weakly, "Alright," I said.

Minutes later everyone finished their dinner. I left first, starting for the bridge, not really in the mood to be around everyone.

My arm was continuously twitching. But when I would try to stop it, it burned me. My left hand stung.

     I crossed my legs, getting comfortable. I'm currently sitting on the couch on the bridge, waiting for Shiro.

     "Lance? Hey, thank you for waiting." Shiro said as he walked in with a wave. I smiled and nodded my greeting.

     Shiro sat down next to me and rested his elbows on his knees. We sat in silence for a while, before Shiro spoke up.

     He straightened his back out and faced me with a serious expression. "I'm sorry about your arm. I can imagine what they did to you in the past two weeks." He said.

      I looked to the floor, "I don't know what you went through, Shiro." I started. "But I doubt my experience was worse than yours. I mean, I was only gone two weeks."