☥- End My Suffering 2/2 -☥

okay so like its langst and angsty keith so its a double wAMMY

::::::::::::::::

Lance's P.O.V.

     I clutched handfuls of my hair as I sobbed, silent screams leaving my throat in a sleek whistle. My body was shivering violently as I curled up in the corner of my bed.

Tears streamed down my face like a wave of agony, filling my lungs and suffocating me. My chest felt full, but every time I tried to breathe out I would automatically take another deep breath. Keeping my lunges inflated.

Idiot! You're such an idiot! Usless! Fuck-up! What are you doing with your life Lance?! Just end it already!

I dug my nails into my head, gripping my skull as more and more depressing thoughts infiltrated my mind.

     The familiar feeling of dread and paranoia burrowed itself in a ball of despair at the pit of my stomach.

     My hands shook as I brought them in presentation in front of me. Blood was wiped across my knuckles and the tips of my fingers were wet with tears.

     I need to calm down. Training was in less than an hour, and I spent the entire morning sulking. Remember what Mamá told you.

    I took three deep breaths, trying to calm the racing heart in my chest. Mamá was perfect for relaxing me, but now that she's not here, it's not as easy.

"Breathe in your favorite colour," she had told me. "And exhale the bad colours."

I took a breath, imagining that the air was blue as it went in, and purple as it went out. It had always worked, but right now it seems being alone makes it even worse.

The second I find myself starting to calm, I look around and my conscience attacks me again.

I reeled back as the static of the intercom system reverberated throughout the castle. "Wear your combat suits to training today, paladins! You will meet per-usual in thirty minutes!" Coran's words knocked me into reality with a jump, the loud speakers rattling my ear drums.

     A migraine found itself comfortable at my temple, pulsing with every blink and swallow. My body shook as I slid out of bed and set myself on shaky legs.

After brushing my teeth and combing out the knots in my hair, I pulled on my combat suit. The fit was tight and slick against my body, the spaces between the joints having sheets of metal as temporary armor.

I leaned over my bathroom sink, turning the water to cold and splashing my face generously. The bags on my cheeks were puffy and pink, my eyes bloodshot.

     I slipped out of my room, heading for the training deck. Every step was like a booming earthquake that shook my body like a rag doll, but I kept walking as the door to the deck came into view.

     The castle door slipped open automatically as I sidled up to it, gaining me entrance into the open training room. "Oh! Good morning, Lance! I'm glad to see you here earlier than usual." Allura beamed unexpectedly as I shuffled inside, the door shutting behind me.

     I looked around, spotting Hunk, Pidge, Shiro, and Allura. Where's Keith?

     No one really questioned my bed-head or red eyes. They just assumed I missed a beauty routine or was up playing video games all night; excuses that I've used before.

     "Why isn't Keith here yet?" Shiro asked aloud, a rhetorical question that he guessed was supposed to be answered by the door opening.

     "That mullet is stealing my thunder!" I made a fist in anger, trying to distract them from my under skinned gloom.

     "Oh shut it Lance! He's probably just tired from training all night," Allura said in defense, waving a hand at me.

      I sighed and leaned against the wall. "It is weird that he's not here yet though." Pidge commented, pushing up her glasses. Hunk nodded from beside her.

It was silent for a second... and then.

"AHHH!!"

:::::::::::::

youre welcome for the very very very shitty chapter. ive been extremely busy with school and no time to brainstorm so IM SORRY OKAY

SORRY ITS SHORT TOO

Total Word Count: 696