〈〇 Flatliner 〇〉

okay guys so like i really have no idea where i was going with the 'a new kind of change'. and like i just ended it. as you can see ive been pretty inactive. ive had lots of school projects piling up and havent had time to write

enjoy this baby boi suffering

SWEAR WARNING IN THIS CHAPTER!! AND OF COURSE THE NORMAL SUICIDE SHIT ENJOY.

::::::::::::::

Lance's P.O.V.

I stared into space, utterly ignoring my food and the people around me. My senses focused in on the sounds of forks hitting plates and chatter from my team mates.

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't block out the sounds. Everything was so loud. I could even hear my heart thrumming in my chest, the blood running through my veins.

My eyes were dull, even with the bright light of the room. I hadn't gotten sleep in a few days, my insomnia making me jolt awake every five minutes.

"Lance, are you alright?" Allura suddenly asked, cycling a silence from everyone else.

"Yeah, you've been offaly quiet this morning." She continued. I looked to her and plastered a smile on my face.

     "As alright as I can be," I jokingly said. Allura smiled and so did Shiro and Coran.

"Okay then," Allura chirped before dismissing the subject. I sighed, looking back to my plate. But not before I noticed Hunk and Pidge's stares.

Breakfast was over quickly. "Meet in the training room in two vargas." Shiro proclaimed to us before stalking off to do whatever Shiro does.

I swiftly moved out the door and started my journey to my bedroom. "Hey Lance!" I turned to see Hunk jogging up to me.

"What's up buddy?" I forced a smile on my face, ignoring the thumping on my temples. Hunk stopped in front of me and took in a deep sigh to catch his breath.

"Are you sure you're okay? You kept staring off into space and didn't talk at all." Hunk said with a worried expression, pressing his eyebrows together.

I felt my smile drop slightly, "I just haven't gotten the best sleep lately." I responded, but I could see that Hunk didn't buy the excuse.

The fact is that it wasn't completely a lie. My insomnia had kept me awake all night for the past weeks, I only got a sliver of sleep when I would nod off during one of Shiro's lectures.

Hunk only nodded, but before I could turn and head off he set one of his large hands on my shoulder. "Lance, you're not doing it again are you?" Hunk asked in a hushed voice.

My body stiffened apprehensively, but relaxed almost immediately. "Of course not, Hunk. There's not need to worry. I've just had a lack of sleep recently!" I encouraged the softer boy.

Hunk took his hand off of my shoulder and offered a sad smile, "Alright, make sure to come to me or Pidge if you feel like that. Okay?" Hunk said, turning to leave and looking to me over his shoulder. I nodded and watched as Hunk gave a sad look in my direction before stalking off.

I blinked away the tears in my eyes, feeling my throat tighten. But I turned and headed for my room, pushing the emotions away.

-----

I slammed the pill bottle down onto the bathroom counter. "Damn it!" I yelled in frustration, swiping the bottle off of the marble. Fuck, fuck, fuck!