ψ• Waltzing With the Devil 2/2 •ψ

has anyone noticed that voltron has lost its liveliness in the fandom? even though season 8 comes out next month?

Keith's P.O.V.

       "Come on, we gotta get you outta here!" I picked Lance up again.

My chest tightened in fear and worry about Lance's health. And it got worse when I felt him go limp in my arms.

         Looking down I saw Lance's scrunched up face with dirt smeared all over it.

"Lance! Wake up!" I shook him, but his smoke stained face remained blank. Damnit... Reaching up I tried clicking the coms, but I was immediately met with static.

I coughed as the air got thicker, my lungs burning at the sensation of not being able to take a deep breath.

Lance's body was completely limp in my arms, chest barely moving with his short breaths. I grit my teeth as I slid Lance's body over my back, his arms slung over my shoulders and my hands securing him at the knees.

"You're a paladin of Voltron." The sound of a laser powering up made me freeze in place. I slowly turned around to be met with the sight of a galran general pointing his gun at me. The one that must have crashed with the ship.

          "If I bring you back with me, maybe Lotor will forgive this slip up." A grin slid onto the general's face.

           I quickly dropped Lance and summoned my bayard, pointing the gun at him. His laser powered up, and I was about to shoot.

        But he dropped to the ground.

         "Pidge! Hunk!" I shouted, grinning as I watched Pidge swing her lasso at the general for a final knock out blow.

          "Is Lance okay?" Hunk asked as he rushed over with Pidge. I turned and looked down at Lance laying on his side, covered in dirt and ash.

          "He won't be if we don't get him out of this smoke right now." I slung Lance over my shoulder and ran beside Pidge and Hunk as we headed out of the fire.

The second I stepped outside of the fire, my lungs were cleared and my vision was restored.

           We were almost to the lions when Lance started thrashing on my back.

          He was coughing uncontrollably, trying to say something as he squirmed. I set him down on the ground in a panic.

          "Hold on. We're almost there!" I put my hand on his back as he dry heaved, pressing his forehead into the dirt.

"I'll carry him!" Hunk picked up Lance like a baby, startling me as he ran towards the black lion where Shiro was fighting with some other galra who had shown up to finish capturing the planet.

          Pidge waved me on as we followed after Hunk.

          My breathing was ragged as my mind raced to every possible bad scenarios. Lance could have clogged his wind-pipe and suffocate from it. He definitely had black lung.

           He could lose his sense of smell from damaging the bone plate in his nose. And overall he could get clots or tears in his lungs that might be related to him coughing up blood earlier.

           I grit my teeth, clenching my jaw so tight my temple started humming.

            "Shiro! Lance is hurt! We have to go now!" Pidge shouted, catching the leaders attention. But sadly, also the galra.

"Take Lance back to the castle." Hunk told me, gently handing Lance over to me. I nodded and took off without another word.

I know I should stay and help, but the thought of losing someone to fire again...

I don't know if I could handle it.

   "Let's get back to Allura!" I yelled to red as I hopped into her mouth. The metal was cold as I sat in my pilot's seat and set Lance down on my lap, letting him lay down on my shoulder.

               My leg unconsciously bounced up and down anxiously as I flew back to the castle. "Hello? Allura!" I yelled into the coms, awaiting for a response as the castle came into view.

                "Keith! What is it?" Allura responded seconds later, making my heart speed up.

                 "It's Lance! There's no time to explain, get a healing pod ready!" I slammed into the floor of the hangar, making me jerk forward in my seat painfully.

                 I supported Lance from behind his back and under his knees, standing up quickly. This earned me a pained moan from him and a stream of coughs.

After jumping out of my lion, I spotted Allura standing at the hangar entrance. She beconed me towards her, "Quickly! He doesn't look good at all!"

I slipped into the healing pod room, gently setting Lance down on an observation table. My heart thumped like a tyrant in my chest, making me wish it would stop beating.

Allura worked silently and frantically as she wiped the ash off of Lance and put a wet rag over his forehead.

"We must lower his temperature. Humans are supposed to be around 98°. But he is almost 110°." Allura bit at her fingernails, rummaging around in a cabinet across the room.

"What can I do?" I asked, my teeth pushing together harshly. My nails dug into my palm, making my hands shake.

"For now, let's get him in a pod," I helped Allura change him into the suit and lift him into the healing pod. She was completely right. I was in a panic before so I hadn't noticed but...

Everywhere I touched was like a burning stove. So hot that I thought my skin might melt to the bone by holding him.

The pod slid closed with a light thump, leaving me and Allura behind with worried faces. We glanced at each other before looking back at the stats that had popped up for Lance.

Heart Rate: 234 bpm
Temperature: 108.7°F
Breathing: 6 bpm

And now we must wait....

::::::::::::::::

sorry for the shit, short writing and late update! lmao im totally dead from life so yayyy

comment for part three guys!

Total Word Count: 1006