Part 3

I was able to convince Renee that jeans and a cute shirt would be good enough to wear for my last day of singleness, but I had to agree to let her do my hair and makeup however she wanted. It was a win-win situation for me because Renee was amazing when it came to doing both. She had turned my bee's nest into soft curls that laid just below my shoulders, how she curls my hair with my straightener I'll never know. I tried mimicking what she does with a straightener one time and I thought I was going to burn a chunk of hair off, I'll stick to just straightening my hair or throwing it into a messy bun which is my preferred choice of hair style.

"There, minus your outfit you are ready to knock em' dead!" Renee stood back and clasped her hands together smiling. "I can't believe you are 18 already, we've been talking about this day for years."

"I'm not 18 yet, I still have one day to be a child and go crazy!" I told her wiggling my eye brows at her.

"Psh. Your idea of going crazy is reading a whole book in one night surrounded by junk food." She responded rolling her eyes. She wasn't wrong, that sounded like the ideal night to me. A lot of young werewolves spend their youth at parties and going crazy, because once you find your mate that all stops. I'm not saying you won't have fun anymore but once you find that person your world revolves around them and you want to spend all your time with them. Not out parting with unmated wolves dancing and drinking.

"You know you love my nerdiness." I told her.

"Yeah, I kinda do. It came in real handy for English class when I didn't want to read a book. Hearing about the book from you was way more exciting than actually reading the stupid thing." She said. It was probably cheating technically but I never wrote her papers for her, I just gave her enough info to write the paper.

"Come on, let's get to moving. I want some of Aunt Sue's pancakes before we leave." Renee said as she rubbed her tummy. My own stomach growled in response of the word pancake, I quickly grabbed my back pack from the floor and we both headed downstairs to the kitchen.

As we walked downstairs I couldn't help but get a little nostalgic. This was the house I had grown up in, I had never lived anywhere else. Since my parents were the Alpha and Luna they had a separate house from the pack house, as do the other high ranking werewolves. We were close enough to the pack house that they could be there quickly if there was an emergency but far enough away to have some privacy. Our house was a two story white farm house with dark blue shutters, my favorite part was the wrap around porch. Inside was hard wood floors, and white walls that were decorated with family pictures and nick nacks that had been accumulated over the years. Our house had a very homey vibe to it and I loved it, I wanted my own home someday to feel the same way. I'm the future Luna of this pack so I know I will always live on our land and close to my family but the thought of not living in my childhood home made me a little sad.

"Oh Annie you look so beautiful! My little girl is all grown up...." My mom said as we walked into the kitchen, I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm turning 18 mom, not moving across the country." I told her trying not to let my eyes roll. I loved my mom to death and she was an amazing Luna but when it came to her children she could be a little dramatic.

"I know, I know. But it's your big day tomorrow, you're becoming a woman! I just can't believe you're going to be 18 already.... 18! The years have flown by, why it seems just like yesterday that I had you. You were so tiny but fierce, you came out screaming letting us know you had arrived. Then they handed you to me and I got to look into your eyes for the first time, I didn't think I could love anything more in that moment." Tears were starting to drip down my mom's face, she wiped them away and smiled. "And then you let out this horrible loud scream letting me know you were hungry, I remember praying to the goddess that you didn't bite hard as I brought you up to my breast to feed you."