Part 40

Over the next week Troy and I spent every minute we could together. My friends were amazing too, they would cover for me after school saying we needed to study for finals, shopping, or whatever else they could think of. My father got suspicious of me always being gone so one day when Lily was picking me up he questioned us, to which Lily responded she was having horrible cramps and blood was coming out of everywhere so she needed my support and ice cream to make it better. My dad had already tuned us out when he heard cramps but it stopped him from questioning us anymore.

On Friday Troy left after we had lunch together to help his parents prepare for the conference and The Opening, I missed him as soon as he left. As I walked in the door after school I was surprised to see Renee sitting in the kitchen talking to my mom, they immediately stopped talking when they saw me.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned looking between the two of them.

"You're coming out on the town with me tonight! There's a party and we are going to go." Renee said excitedly and I inwardly groaned. Parties were not my scene.

"What's this about a party?" My dad walked into the kitchen kissing my mom on the cheek before opening the fridge rummaging around for a snack.

"It's an end of the year party one of the kids at school is throwing. He's a human so it won't be as cool as one of ours, but I hear they aren't totally lame." I looked at Renee confused, she didn't like going to human parties. Not that she had anything against humans, but she didn't like going to them because they weren't anything like a werewolf party.

"I'm not sure how I feel about you two going alone to a human party." I silently thanked my dad for being a stick in the mud.

"Please Uncle Alf? It's not just us, Lily, Eddie, Scarlet, and Ellie are coming too! Eddie will be able to protect us if anything was to go wrong. It's our last chance to have some fun before Annie goes off to find her mate." Renee was now giving my dad big puppy dog eyes and I smiled to myself knowing that was not going to work on my Dad.

He sighed and looked at my mom having a silent conversation with her. "Fine. You guys may go, Eddie is a fine warrior and is capable of protecting you all if needed. But, I want you home by midnight and not a minute later." He pointed to both me and Renee. I felt my jaw drop a little, my dad never gave in like this. I looked at my mom wondering what she had said to him to make him change his mind, but she just gave me a small smile.

Renee squealed then threw her arms around my dad to hug him. "Thank you Uncle Alf! I promise she will be home by midnight! And we will call if there are any problems!" She turned to me and grabbed my hand. "Come on! Let's go get ready!" I let her drag my upstairs to my room. I shut the door behind us and locked it just so no one would burst in on us.

"What's going on?" I asked her backside since she was waist deep in my closest looking thru my clothes.

"Can't a girl want to spend a Friday night with her best friend at a party?" She said over her shoulder before throwing a handful of clothes at me. "Try that on."

I knew better than to argue with her when she was in clothes mode so I started changing out of my clothes and putting on what she had thrown me. "Normally I would say no, but this is a human party. You don't like going to human parties. You've also never made me go to parties with you before."

She came out of my closet with more clothes in her arms, "I've also not had the potential of losing you either." I softened as she said that.

"Hey, you aren't going to lose me. You're stuck with me no matter what." I meant that with my whole heart. Even if I ended up having to go rogue I would find ways that Renee and I could stay in contact and see each other. It would be dangerous of course but I knew we would both make it happen.