Part 52

It's been a month since Renee took the Luna title from me. My mom has been drilling her with Luna lessons since she only has years to learn what is taught in a lifetime. I felt bad for everything she was having to do until I saw the glow in her eyes after one of her lessons, she was loving every minute of it. She may not have been born with the Luna blood in her veins but she was born to do this, my mom thinks so also. Everything my mom throws at her she learns quickly and excels. Dad is also impressed with her although he won't admit it out loud.

While Renee has been submerged in Luna lessons, I have been in Queen lessons which have surprisingly been very similar to my Luna lessons. Learning the Mer history had to be my favorite part, like the werewolfs, Mer's have had a rough time in the past with hunters and living amongst the humans. There were also stories from back when everyone got along, werewolves and trolls, fairies and shifters; it was my dream to someday make that a reality again. We would be so much stronger and safer as a group if we worked together, but that would be a future issue to deal with.

My Dad has kept his word and has tried to accept Troy, other than a few insults and grumbles he has done pretty well. I think over time it will get better, they may never like each other but they may be able to get along fine. My mom however is completely head over heels for Troy, she thinks he's the absolute greatest which has gone straight to his already big head. David thinks he's awesome because he can shoot water out of the ground. We celebrated David's ninth birthday last week and all of his friends were over, mom and I hear screaming from the back yard making us rush outside to see what was going on. We laughed when we saw Troy shooting water at all of the boys soaking them, whenever he would stop they would beg for more. I think that is the only time mom was not Troy's number one fan because the kids were wet and muddy destroying her clean kitchen when they came in looking for snacks.

Troy's parents have been nothing but supportive. King Steven has actually been trying to reach out to my dad and form some sort of truce between them, he hasn't been able to make it happen yet but he's trying. Queen Susan and my mom have quickly became very good friends, double trouble is what Troy calls them. He's not wrong, but the real trouble makers are Oma and his grandma Alice. When we introduced them we thought it would either go very bad or very well, with both of them being so strong headed we didn't know what to expect. They are inseparable now and a force to be reckoned with. His grandparents decided to spend more time on land to be closer to the family but I often here Grandpa Randolph mumbling about going back to the ocean when his wife and Oma are ganging up on him.

"You seriously aren't dressed yet? Will you ever be able to be ready on time? You are going to be a Queen you know." Renee scolded me as she opened the door to the private room I was in.

"I don't think a Queen can get in trouble for being late, who would reprimand me?" I threw back.

"Your soon to be bonded mate, and I think he would enjoy it too." She teased me and I felt myself blush. Not from embarrassment this time, but from nervous excitement. Our bonding ceremony was today and we would complete the mating bond tonight.

"Do I need to give you the bee's and the bird's talk? When a boy and a girl really love each-"

"I'm good thank you." I laughed cutting her off. "And what I don't know I'm sure we will have no problem figuring it out."

"Fine fine, but I'm only a phone call away if you need any help." She reached for the bag with my dress in it and unzipped it sighing. "I know I've seen it before but I think it gets prettier every time."

I had to agree with her, it was beautiful and it meant the world to me. Troy's grandma Alice had insisted that I wear the dress she had worn to her bonding ceremony, I hadn't wanted to be rude so I said yes. What I didn't know is that her, Troy's mom, the other Queens, and a few other Mer woman had ripped it apart and redesigned it. The results had been absolutely stunning. The dress was a very light blue that now had a sweet heart neck line with small beaded straps. The bodice was lace and fitted, flaring out at my hips. They had hand sewn pearls and beads around the bottom edge and along the train. It was perfect.