Part 42

Troy was an excellent dancer, which was good for me because I had been born with two left feet. He spun us around the dance floor like a professional while the sound of Frank Sinatra's Come Fly With Me filling the quiet night. I don't care who you are or what age you are, if you don't love Frank Sinatra and swoon a little when you hear his voice there is something wrong with you.

"Where did you learn to dance?" I asked him as he pulled me up from a low dip.

He looked over my shoulder and smiled, "From this gentleman right here." He spun me gently into his grandpa's arms. I looked over my shoulder to see Grandma Alice beaming up at Troy while he dipped her making her giggle with glee.

"He's trying to show me up, boy forgot who taught him those moves." I turned my attention back to Grandpa Randolph who has an amused look on his face as he watched his grandson and mate dancing away.

"So, my dear. Troy has told us a lot about you, I can tell by the way his eyes light up when you're around or even when your name is mentioned. That boy loves you very much and is quite smitten with you."

My smile broadened and my heart warmed, "I love him very much also."

"I can tell." He winked at me. "Have you two made any progress on your situations? With us living in the ocean full time now it's harder for us to keep in the loop."

I told him what I knew of the story about the werewolf and the fairy, I then told him Troy's plan of presenting the possibility of a human king at The Opening.

"That grandson of mine is going to make a fine King." Grandpa Randolph said proudly and I couldn't agree more. We both looked over to see Troy and Grandma Alice spinning around so much I was sure they would be dizzy after. "And you my dear, will make a great Queen." I looked up at him surprised, he barely knew me yet had faith that I would make a great Queen for his people.

"Don't look so surprised young one. You were raised from day one to be a Luna, I have known a couple Luna's in my day and they are exactly like a Queen. You were born for this child, embrace it." He smiled at me warmly and I could feel my eyes tear up a little, he reminded me so much of my own grandfather.

"Thank you sir. You don't know how much that means to me." I thank him genuinely, to know the former King and most importantly Troy's grandpa approved and believed in me was more than I could ask for.

"You two will have a rough road ahead of you, that's for sure, but you will make it thru anything life throws at you as long as you are together. I would have been lost many a times without my Alice by my side." By his warm expression I could tell that he was still very much in love with her.

"Ice cream, come and get it!" Mary announced as she came out of the boat carrying a large tub, James followed her with a tray full of bowls, spoons, and every topping you could think of.

"We better a bowl before Alice gets there, I may devourer cookies but you haven't seen anything till you see her and homemade ice cream." Grandpa Randolph quickly dragged me over to the table so we could make our bowls.

He had been right that Grandma Alice loved her ice cream, I think she ended up having three bowls. They had asked Mary and James to join us, and Mary's stories about Troy as a little child were my favorite. He sounded like he had been a handful but I could tell Mary thought the world of him. We sat and talked, laughing at all the stories they told us. Far too soon it was time for us to head back to land so I wouldn't miss curfew. I hugged both of his grandparents as they stood to leave.

"It was such a pleasure to meet my dear Annie." Grandma Alice had me in another vice grip like hug. "I am so beyond happy Troy has found you. You two are going to do great things together, mark my words."