Part 46

The crowd instantly broke out into whispers, I tried to block them out. I didn't want to know if they were being cruel, I wanted to focus solely on Troy and the people before us. The Kings and Queens were exchanging confused looks.

"Silence! Quiet please!" King Ezra spoke. "Please everyone be quiet so we may hear what Troy has to say."

"Troy, please finish with your introduction." One of the Queens told him.

"Thank you Queen Meredith." Troy said, "As I was saying, this is Annie Rogers, my mate. Annie, I would like to present to you the King and Queens, you know my parents." He motioned to the thrones on the far left that his parents occupied before moving to the next couple "King Samuel and Queen Isabella of the Atlantic; King Michael and Queen Natalie of the Antarctic; and King Ezra and Queen Meredith of the Indian."

"It's a pleasure to meet you your highnesses." I bowed into what I hoped was the perfect curtsy and they all nodded their hellos.

"Steven, why didn't you tell us that Troy has found his other half? That is cause for celebration!" King Michael asked Troy's father.

"Let him finish explaining before you get too excited." His father mumbled. It wasn't very king like to mumble I thought but I wasn't about to say so.

"Please go on." Queen Isabella prodded with a smile.

"Right. Well, there is no easy way to say this so I will just spit it out. Annie is not like us, she's not a mer." This statement sent the crowd into whispers again as well as the kings and queens.

"She is a human? He brought a human into our midst?"

"Nothing like this has ever happened before, how can this be?"

"Preposterous, this cannot be!"

"She is a danger to us all!"

"This will never work!"

"Silence!!" I looked over to Troy's mom who had been the one to shout. "Please everyone be quiet and listen. It is not what you think. Also, you all know very well that Troy would never do anything to endanger us and our kind." She looked at the royals pointedly.

"She is right, we have all known Troy since he was a little boy." Queen Natalie spoke "Troy, Annie, please accept our apologies for the outburst."

"Yes," Her husband Michael agreed. "Please do forgive us, you've just caught us off guard." He gestured to the others who nodded their heads in agreement.

"Please do go on, we promise not to interrupt you anymore." King Samuel said.

Troy took a deep breath before he continued. "Annie is not like us, meaning she is not mer. However, she is not human either." He stopped and looked at me, I smiled at him encouraging him to go on. "Annie is a werewolf."

"A werewolf?" Exclaimed King Ezra leaning forward in his throne.

"Ezra." His wife Meredith scolded him.

"I'm sorry I did not mean to interrupt, I was merely excited, I have never met one of her kind before." A few of the others nodded in agreement.

"You feel the pull to her? And you are indeed her destined mare? " King Michael asked the two of us.

"Yes your highness." Troy explained.

"Remarkable. A merman and a wolf, destined to be together. Who would have ever thought we would have seen the day." King Samuel sat back in amazement. "Is it too bold to ask her to shift for us? I would love to see the process!" My eyes grew wide and I looked at Troy for help, I did not mind shifting for them but I was not okay stripping down to the buff in front of thousands of people to do so.