Part 34

By the time lunch came there was still no sign of Troy and I was starting to worry. What if something bad had happened? What if he decided he didn't want to be with me anymore? What if-

"Would you stop freaking out? Honestly. He loves us! He told us and his parents remember? And Renee says she has seen it, he isn't leaving us. I'm sure he has a perfectly good explanation." Nan reassured me although I could tell she was also a little annoyed that we hadn't heard from Troy. I try not to overthink the situation as I walk to the lunch room, but it's my specialty. All I can think about is Troy not wanting to be with me because I had kept the truth from him. Maybe he thought I was a liar or deceitful, or-

"Ugh stop! You're stressing me out. Go get a piece of pizza and then go sit down." Nan snapped at me. I didn't try to overthink I just did, especially in stressful situations. I walked quickly thru the lunch line picking up a piece of pepperoni pizza. I walked towards our lunch table and was surprised to see all of girls there already.

"Ugh finally, there you are! Hurry up and sit down so Scarlet can tell us what she found, she refused to tell us anything until you got here." Lily said as soon as she saw me. I looked at her confused as I sat down next to Renee.

"Tell us what?" I asked.

"About Troy!" Lily looked at me like I should have known what she was talking about. "Who would have thought that mermaids ever exsisted!" My eyes widened as I looked at her, how did she know about that.

"Yes I know all about your secret mer lover, who do you think helped Scarlet break into her parent's office?" Lily smiled slyly.

I looked over at Scarlet who smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry, I know it's a secret but I needed the help. Someone had to keep watch while I broke into my parent's office." I should have known better than to think a secret would stay a secret in our little group. I also couldn't be mad at Scarlet, what she did could have gotten her into a lot of trouble if she had gotten caught.

"Then we really couldn't leave Ellie out, that just wouldn't be fair or nice." Renee added and I nodded that I agreed. Keeping Ellie out of the loop when everyone else knew would have been a pretty crappy thing to do.

"Please don't be mad at us." Scarlet gave me her perfected puppy dog look and I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"I'm not mad with you guys, I promise." I gave her a reassuring smile. "So what did you find out Scarlet?"

"Okay, so I didn't find out an exact answer but something kind of similar." Scarlet started. "I found a story about a wolf and fairy that were mates."

"A fairy? You've got to be kidding me." Lily scoffed.

"Werewolves, mermaids, and now fairies. What's next, trolls?" Ellie asked.

"You guys hush!" Renee said with wide eys, "Keep going Scarlet."

"Anyways, I couldn't find all the details on the story, but I did find out what happened when the wolf marked the fairy." Scarlet stopped.

"What?! What happened??" I shouted.

"Annie shhh, people are starting to stare." Lily said.

"Sorry," I said lowering my voice. "What happened Scarlet?"

"When the wolf marked her the fairy lost all of her powers, and she became human."

"What happened to the wolf?" Renee interrupted her.

"From what I can tell he remained the same. There wasn't a ton of information, but good news is you won't kill Troy. He will just become human! Unless of course mer's react to the mark differently than fairies." Scarlet looked at me and smiled.