Part 19

We all went our separate ways as we left the lunch room. I stopped at my locker then made my way to Chemistry. My mind was still spinning from the information that Scarlet had given us. There were more out there, different like us. What are they like? Scarlet said they appear human like we do and some can even mask their scents. Have I ever met one of them and not known it? I was also a little upset with my parents about it, as the future Luna shouldn't they have told me this little piece of information? I want to confront my parents about it but I didn't know how to do that without getting Scarlet in trouble. I would have to figure out a way to bring it up because this was huge! I wonder if my parents had met any of them.

"Hey short cake." Jeremy interrupted my thoughts as he fell into step beside me. I looked up at his smiling face and I waited for the heart break to hit me. I knew for sure that he wasn't my mate and after all these years of crushing on him I expected to feel upset. As I stared at him I realized something, there wasn't any heartbreak or pain. I was a little sad, but I knew that feeling wouldn't last. I'm surprised and proud of myself for not being an emotional mess.

"You aren't a mess because you know our mate is here in the building." Nan informed me popping my bubble.

"You just couldn't let me have my moment could you?" I asked her, my wolf would always keep me in line and grounded.

"Hey." I said with a smile, "How was your weekend? Did you enjoy the party?"

"I did, I had finished my homework at school Friday so I was able to spend the weekend doing extra credit." I mentally rolled my eyes at him, as if he needed the extra credit. "The party was fun, I even scored one of your Oma's cupcakes. Did you have fun?" I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, had he forgotten the humiliating beginning to that party. He smacked his forehead as he realized what he had just asked me. "I'm sorry short cake, I didn't mean- I forgo- I shouldn't have ask-." He trailed off at a loss for words which was rare for Jeremy.

"Ha, yeah that was a little awkward wasn't it?" I said jokingly having pity on him and his stuttering.

"Yeah a little bit." He chuckled nervously. We were to our class room when Jeremy grabbed my hand, "Annie you can't give up, your mate is out there waiting for you. And when you two find each other it will be earth shattering, and worth every minute of waiting. He's out there, just don't give up." I wondered if he was giving me this speech or himself, he still hadn't found his mate either. It's usually not as devastating when a male doesn't find his mate because in a lot of cases their mate hasn't turned eighteen yet, disappointing yes- devastating no. Still, I could tell Jeremy was sad he didn't have his mate yet, which is normal.

"I won't give up if you don't give up okay?" I gave him a sad smile. He just nodded as we walked into the class, I stopped at Professor Addison's desk with my extra credit.

"I have to admit I am surprised you finished this, I figured you would be holed up crying somewhere all weekend." I bit my tongue as Professor Addison looked thru my work, I didn't need detention and a lecture from my dad about how it's not appropriate to punch a teacher. "Oh and you actually managed to do extra work, maybe you finding your mate wasn't such a bad thing. You needed this extra credit, take your seat." He said dismissing me and I was very happy to walk away and take my seat. I took several deep breaths to calm myself, I didn't need to get angry and shift right here in class.

"All right class, pop quiz! Let's see who actually did the homework over the weekend shall we?" Professor Addison pronounced with a smile. I swear he enjoys torturing us, the whole class groaned and we focused for the next 45 min of pain and agony. Okay, some people actually enjoy it but for the most of us, torture. Class seemed to drag on for what seemed like forever when the bell rang signaling the end of class. I'm pretty sure I failed the pop quiz even though I had done the homework over the weekend. Maybe Professor Addison was right that it was a good thing that I did the extra work over the weekend, I would never tell him that though. I gathered my notebook and books sliding them into my bag, few more classes then I can go home and finish my book. As I walked out of class I was busy thinking about my book that was waiting for me at home, playing out in my head how I thought it was going to end. I heard arguing and looked up to see Joy standing in front of blonde hair guy. They looked to be in a pretty serious argument and I wondered what Joy had done to make him angry. Knowing Joy and how she was I knew the guy hadn't done anything, unless he had ignored her advances. That would have made her mad, I laughed at that thought. I must have laughed out loud because next thing I know Joy whipped around and was glaring at me, my eyes widened at the look she was giving me. I looked at the guy standing behind Joy and that's when the world stopped. Everyone else faded away, it was just me and him. There weren't fireworks like I thought there would be, but there was this calming peace and grounding feeling that came over me. For the one moment everything just stopped and I stand staring at my mate in awe. This gorgeous perfect person standing in front of me was mine, all mine. A movement out of the corner of my eye shook me out of my trans, I saw Joy put her hand on my mates arm and I could feel myself start to growl and tremble.