Part 48

I quickly climbed out Troy's lap and opened the door, I made sure to crawl out of the truck first so that I was between him and my dad.

"Annie go into the house this instant." My dad growled as soon as my feet hit the ground. "While I remove this piece of crap from our territory." He started to move towards Troy who was now standing behind me.

"No." I said. When my dad's head whipped to look at me I could feel my eyes widen, I had never defied up to my dad before but there was no way I was letting him near my mate. I was in protection mode.

"Excuse me young lady? What did you just say?" My dad shouted his focus now off of Troy and on me.

"I said no. You will not hurt him." I made sure Troy was completely behind me. I know he could stand up to my dad but this was my battle to fight.

Dad took another step towards Troy and I took a step forward growling at him. His eyes widened but he didn't back up. He is an Alpha, they don't back down easily, but seeing me defend Troy and growl at him made him stop in his tracks.

"So it is true. Your mate is this.... This... thing." He said gesturing to Troy glaring at him.

"He is not a thing he is a person, just like you and me." I calmly stepped back to stand closer to troy. "And I would appreciate a little respect from you in regards to my mate."

"I don't know where this Annie is coming from but keep it up." Nan encouraged me.

My father turned his glare from Troy to me, "I suggest you show some respect to your father who is also your Alpha."

"William, please. Let's all calm down and talk about this like adults." My mom said as she came down the front steps. She looked over to me, "I'm sorry Annie I tried, but your father intercepted the call from school saying you were absent today. I couldn't lie to him."

"I know mom, I don't blame you." I told her, and I honestly didn't. I didn't believe in lying to your mate either, it just caused problems.

"I would like to know why this thing is still on my land." My dad spat with disgust.

"He is here because he is my mate." I told him.

"Not for long, you will reject him and you will reject him now." My dad commanded.

"William." My mother gasped.

My father looked at my mother, "We can't have him as an Alpha, look at him! What would the people think? It would be a disgrace! No, we need a strong leader of this pack. Someone who will be able to fight against those who try to destroy us. What would the little mermaid over there be able to do against a wolf?"

"Excuse me sir, but I am able to defend myself." Troy said angrily as he stepped around me. I looked at him and shook my head warning him not to do it but I was too late. Troy had a geyser of water shooting up from the ground and heading towards my dad. My dad was it coming and shifted into his wolf but he was not prepared for the strength of the geyser and it knocked him on his feet. Once my father was down Troy pulled the water back and it disappeared.

My mother rushed to my dad's side to cover his lower region with her jacket as he shifted back to human form. He grabbed the jacket and rushed towards Troy, "Why you little-"

"Enough." A voice boomed from the house. We all looked over to see Oma standing at the top of the stairs. "You should all be ashamed of yourselves, acting like children!" My Oma was one of the few people who could make my dad stop in his tracks, he may be a big bad Alpha but he is also a big momma's boy.

"Now, what is all of this commotion?" Oma asked as looked at all of us.

"Annie thinks that she will be allowed to mate with that-" My growl cut off my dad before he could insult Troy again.