A Strange Encounter

Warning: some violence and references/indications of sexual violence.

Liv waited to ensure that Amanda had left the office before leaving the bathroom herself. She knew she had made Amanda uncomfortable and the last thing she wanted was to make it worse. After a couple of minutes, she opened the door and immediately made eye contact with Fin who had a mix of puzzle and concern across his face.

"What was all that about?" He asked.

"Well, you were right - she definitely doesn't want to talk."

"I suppose I don't need to say 'I told you so' then?"

Liv smiled slightly, "No you don't, but I'm even more worried now." She sighed, sitting in Amanda's chair so she could sit directly opposite Fin. "I went into the bathroom after I'd seen her go in about 10 minutes before, she sounded like she was having a panic attack... I asked if she was alright and then she just passed out, I got in the stall and when she came to she tried to act like everything was fine. She says she caught something off Nick so I sent her home."

"I mean... That explains why she looked like she'd been crying... And she didn't tell you anything?" He replied, trying to take in what Liv had explained.

"Nope, nothing. Something must've happened since she got to the office for her to react like this, did you say anything to her after I spoke with you?"

"Not a word, Liv - even if I had she probably would've given me a one word answer."

"Okay, Fin. Well I'll give her a text in an hour or so to check she's okay." And with that she left for her own office. Once inside, she shut the door and made her way to the window. Their floor wasn't majorly high up, but you still had a pretty good view of street below and all the people.

Liv stared at the café across the street, she had woken up late and so had to skip her own breakfast to make sure she was ready to leave when Lucy arrived to look after Noah. She could see people eating various pastries and she felt her stomach start to growl, so she turned her gaze to the right of the café to avoid punishing herself.

Her eyes landed on a bench, and as she looked closer she could see Amanda sat, hunched over a pink piece of paper. She quickly ran to the door of the office and called Fin to come and see what she had found. He could sense the slight panic in her voice and so hurried into her office.

He began to speak but she had already made her way to the window and was pointing to where Amanda was sitting. He looked out of the window and he too now seemed to become a little bit panicked.

"I thought you sent her home? What's she doing?" He questioned.

"I did. She looks like she's reading something though... Uh... Something pink?"

"Yeah definitely pink. But besides that, if she really was ill - wouldn't she be home already?" Fin was curious now.

"Hold on, I've got an idea," Liv pulled out her phone and constructed a text to Amanda:

Hi Amanda, just checking you got home ok? If you feel the same tomorrow let me know and we'll cover you at the office. Hope you feel better soon. X

She showed Fin what she had said and they both turned to watch the blonde on the bench intently.

"How long do these things take to send? I thought we're meant to be overtaken by robots soon." Fin said, his anticipation getting the better of him.

"Hold on a second." Liv whispered, focuses on the bench.

Sure enough, they watched as Amanda jumped slightly, pulling her eyes away from the paper and rubbed them as if to dry tears, and took her phone out of her bag. Upon reading the message, Amanda quickly wrote a reply:

Hey Liv, yeah just got in - I'm feeling better already, I'll definitely be in tomorrow. Thanks for worrying.

She sent the text and quickly got up from the bench, making her way to the parking lot where she'd left her car. She felt this overwhelming guilt that she had just lied to Liv. Liv was her friend. These thoughts were swiftly wiped from her mind though as she walked into a man in the entrance to the parking lot, knocking her bag and phone to the floor. The stranger stopped to help, and they both knelt down to gather the contents of her bag that had fallen out onto the floor. She saw that the letter was on the floor, and so she concentrated on grabbing that first before throwing it back into her bag along with her other things.

"Sorry." She said timidly, looking to the man for a reaction. He met her eyes and all she could see was pity. What did he have to pity her for? They didn't even know each other.

"No," he said firmly, pausing for a moment, "I'm sorry."

With this Amanda began to feel extremely self-conscious. Why did he feel the need to apologise? Before she could ask he quickly stood up, and began briskly walking around the corner of the entrance. Once out of Amanda's sight and ears, he pulled out his phone and hit the first number on his speed dial.

"Boss.... Yeah.... I got them.... You can go in." He hung up the phone and within seconds, a man in a business suit came striding to him almost out of nowhere, accompanied by 3 other men all dressed in black. Without saying a word, the man in the suit approached him and was handed a cell phone and a gun, before all five men continued towards the parking lot entrance.

Meanwhile, Amanda had slowly been making her way towards her car when she suddenly felt as if she was being watched. She looked around, but saw no one and so put it down to being on edge after the strange encounter moments before.

She reached her car and unlocked it using the key, before she heard a voice that stopped her dead in her tracks.

"Hey buttercup, how's it going?" A voice said from behind her, maybe 20 feet away. She stood frozen, not looking away from her car, but silently searching her bag for her gun and cell. Shit, where are they? She thought, she was sure they were in there when she left the precinct. Then she remembered the stranger - he had been so helpful picking up her things for her, she was so focused on the letter that he could've taken them.

She cautiously turned around to see a large man in a tidy business suit, accompanied by four men dressed in black. She instantly recognised one of the four as the man she had walked into. The man in the suit had a wide grin on his face, and was staring at her, looking up and down her entire body.

"What... Uh... Who are you?" She was now petrified. Buttercup. There was only one place she had heard that before. She hesitated, but knowing she couldn't take on five fully grown men, she decided to ask anyway. "John?"

"Yes Amanda, it's me. Have you been waiting for me? I told you we would finally get to meet."

She didn't know what to say. Her worst fears had been confirmed, it was John. She was scared of him when he was writing her letters, she would try to imagine what he would look like, but she had never imagined him like this - and seeing him in real life only made him scarier.

"Come here." He said, beckoning towards her, his grin growing. When he saw she wasn't moving, he began to grow angrier, "Now." He finished, the smile leaving his face. She remained still.

"I didn't want to have to do this, Buttercup, but it's for your own good." He sounded raged, as if he was being forced into doing something he didn't want to. He gave a short whistle, and the four men started making their way towards Amanda. Shit.

Soooo, 'whaddaya think?' (if you get it, you get it). Is it good? Do you like it? Do you want more? Lemme know...... :) LemonadeJo