Shots Fired

You know it, I know it, but let's say it anyway. WARNING (the capitals add emphasis apparently): possible sexual and physical violence throughout. Also: long chapter alert.

Amanda was still enveloped in John's embrace. She was able to move her head slightly and the coffee shop came into view. She could feel John's heart beating against her like a ticking bomb, except nobody knew when this one would blow. This added extra drama to the situation, as Amanda watched the four men in the other SUV jump out of the car, with automatic guns in their hands.

Her eyes widened as she watched them enter the café and start to pull the blinds down, before a swarm of scared people were forced out of the shop with their hands above their heads.

"What's happening?" She said, pointing towards the window.

"I'm just getting us some privacy buttercup." He replied, chuckling to himself.

He held both of Amanda's hands with one hand, and pulled her face back towards his chest, diverting her gaze, with the other. He was holding her hands so tightly that she felt the newly healing scars on her wrists begin to open, and could feel the blood running down her arms underneath her coat. She listened to John's heart again, this time it was slow and steady. How could someone change so quickly? She internally questioned.

-

Liv was driving as fast as she could to the café. She had Nick and Fin in the car, deciding that being together would probably help them beat traffic, around a block away, they could see that there was some sort of hold up ahead.

"Screw this." Nick said, opening the car door and deciding to run the rest of the way.

"He's got a good strategy." Fin said turning to Liv. She sighed before pulling over into a taxi rank and getting out too.

"We can deal with this later." She said, getting her badge and gun and waiting for Fin to do the same before locking the car. They both turned toward the coffee shop and began to run, unaware of what was causing the blockage ahead.

-

John suddenly released his grip on Amanda and allowed her to sit up briefly, before reaching across her and opening her car door, and forcing her out while he had hold of her hair. He brought her ear close to his face.

"Ruin our date, and see what happens." He said emotionlessly, before stepping out onto the sidewalk and holding a pistol to the back of her head.

When she felt the end of the gun pushing again her skull, her face dropped. All plans of escape that she'd had up until this point evolved around the lighter she had picked up and the fact that John didn't want to kill her. Now this. If he did love her he had a funny way of showing it.

"Get in the shop." He instructed her, nodding to the two men in the front of the car to get out and join him. She knew it hurt to walk, but what choice did she have?

As she moved out from behind the car, she could see crowds of people in the street, being held back by officers from the precinct. Where were her team? She couldn't see them. They all started to gasp or scream as they saw John leading Amanda into the café. John on the other hand was completely focused on Amanda, until he noticed her looking at the precinct across the road. His eyes filled with rage as he realised that she had tried to set him up.

He changed his grip so that he now had Amanda in a choke hold with the gun to her temple, facing the crowds of people and officers lining the street.

"If anyone shoots us, I shoot her," He bellowed loudly. "And anyone else inside."

Her eyes widened again. Anyone else? Why would he keep anyone else in the shop? Before she had time to think, John pulled her inside the shop behind his two men, and slammed the door closed behind them.