Rooftop Showdown

Warning: links to physical and sexual violence.

Liv stood still by the door to the roof. She knew Fin and Nick would be up any minute and didn't want them to startle or anger Glenn. To make sure she could see the stairs and Glenn and Amanda, she propped the door open with her foot, keeping both her hands free.

She heard Fin and Nick running up the stairs, talking loudly over their own footsteps. They got to the stairwell and turned to go up the last flight of stairs when they saw Liv stood at the top, gun in hand.

"Liv, what's happening?" Fin said quietly, sensing that there was another half to the situation which he couldn't see.

Liv didn't look at them, but replied even quieter. "He's sat on the edge with a gun on Amanda, she's unconscious, he has another gun holstered."

"What do you want us to do?" Nick joined the tense conversation.

"Get the fire department to lay out the inflatable rescue cushion under the west wall of the main building, get a SWAT team ready on the floor below to intervene on my order. Nick can I have your cell?" She didn't want to risk using hers if it was broken.

"Yeah sure." He climbed the stairs silently and Liv took the phone discreetly, still looking toward Glenn and Amanda.

"Fin, I'll call you when I need backup. I'm gonna try talk him down, or at least distract him until the cushion is out." Liv seemed to end the conversation with this sentence.

"Alright Liv. My phone is on vibrate - I'll text you when everything's in place." Nick replied.

"Okay. See you on the other side." She moved her foot and let the door close as Fin and Nick quickly ran back down the stairs.

Glenn had been distracted, looking at Amanda and touching her hair until he heard the door slam, his head straightening to see Liv still stood there. "Get back!" He screamed, still shaking. "Get back or... Or... Or I'll kill us both!" He emphasised by pushing the gun closer to Amanda's face, she groaned slightly as he did so.

"Shh Amanda it's okay... You and me, we're gonna be with John real soon... Exactly the way he wanted it..." Glenn whispered into Amanda's ear.

Liv held her hands in the air, "hey Glenn, look - I don't want to do anything you don't want okay? I'm putting my gun down look?" She slowly lowered her gun to the ground, keeping her hands where Glenn could see them.

She stood back up straight and kicked her gun to the side. "I just wanna talk." She said, trying not to sound nervous.

"There's nothing to talk about!" He shouted across to her. "I have my instructions... I have to follow every single step..." He trailed off.

Liv could see he was clearly disturbed. "Hey Glenn? I can't here you so well with all this wind... Can I come a little bit closer?"

He looked down for a minute, appearing to have some sort of internal debate. "Fine... But not too close! One wrong move and I'll shoot her!" He straightened back up, pulling Amanda up from where she was progressively slumping, the gun still trained on her.

Liv moved slowly with her hands still in the air. "You just let me know where to stop, okay?"

He watched her intently until she was around 15 feet away. "Stop! There is close enough."

Liv stood still. She now had a better view of both Glenn and Amanda. She saw that Amanda seemed to be regaining consciousness so decided to distract Glenn.

"So Glenn, you said you had instructions? Mind telling me what they are?"

"John sent me a letter two days ago. He said if I didn't do everything he asked..." He began to cry again. "He said he would kill my daughter... I had to do it... I had no choice..."

"That's okay Glenn... Tell me what he told you to do."

"He said if he died, I had to find Amanda Rollins... And I had to kill her... So they could be together... But I can't do it!" He cried some more. "I'm a doctor! I'm meant to help people!"

As he cried, Liv noticed Amanda's hand slowly move to her coat pocket, it was the one she had been wearing at the coffee shop. Why the hell wasn't it in evidence already? She thought. She watched Amanda shakily pull out a lighter, her eyes half open, and lit the flame near to Glenn's wrist.

It took him a surprisingly long time to notice the flame, but he bolted up so he was stood upright and gave a large scream, dropping the gun to hold his wrist in pain. Amanda fell awkwardly to the floor. Liv felt a vibration in her pocket and knew she had to move. She ran quickly toward the gun, picking it up before Glenn had time to react.

She stood straight, the gun trained on Glenn, he too had his other gun trained on her.

Liv saw the malice leave his eyes. "I don't want to do this." He said, just loud enough for Liv to hear, he dropped the gun to the floor and leant back over the wall, allowing himself to fall over the side of the building. Liv lunged to grab him but was too late, she closed her eyes as he fell onto the pavement, feet away from the rescue cushion.

She heard the gasps of people from below. They were at the top of a three story building. There's no way he survived.

She snapped out of her thoughts and turned to face Amanda who was still on her side on the floor. She rushed over and knelt beside her, tears falling down her face. She allowed Amanda's head to rest on her knees as she spoke to her softly, all be it with a slight urgency. "Amanda? Amanda can you open your eyes for me?"

Amanda was cold to the touch, her eyes flickered open before slowly closing again. She gave a slight groan.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay." She took off her own coat and laid it over her, watching as Fin and Nick appeared on the roof, followed by a group of EMTs.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. They were safe.

Sorry it's short, I'm super busy today but I wanted to post something. Let me know what you think of it - was it the right way for Glenn to go? What do you think of the story line? Rate and comment. Let me know:) LemonadeJo