Back For More

You already know what I'm going to say. Warning: content referring to and describing physical and sexual violence.

Liv, Fin and Nick had frantically made their way over to the lab. The young sounding voice that was on the other end of Fin's phone had sounded deeply disturbed when he said that they had found a 'letter' at the scene. He wouldn't disclose what it said over the phone and thought it best to show the Detectives in person.

All three came marching into the main lab, with Fin taking the lead and speaking first.

"Okay kid, what have you got?"

The young man appeared slightly intimidated by Fin, who noticed immediately and decided to dial down the harshness in his glare. The lab tech scurried over to a table near by, and lifted up a pink piece of paper sealed inside an evidence bag. He hurried back over to where Fin was and handed him the letter.

Fin held it out far enough so that Liv and Nick could stand over each of his shoulders and read it with him.

"Shit." He said plainly, the other two just gave each other concerned looks that seemed to match.

Liv could see that the others were still taking in the contents of the strange love letter, "so, uh... Any prints?"

"Well... Yes and no."

Liv raised an eyebrow, willing the lab tech to explain.

"Well we lifted a clean set of Detective Rollins' prints, but there were no clear matches for the other 6 partial sets that we found."

"Six?" Nick looked up, surprised at the number of people who had come into contact with the letter and felt the need to confirm, "and you're one hundred percent sure there are six different prints on the letter?"

"One hundred percent." The tech repeated back to him. He swiftly pulled out a copy of the partial prints from underneath a disheveled pile of paper work.

"We're running them through data bases now, but it could take a while. There could be a dozen people that match any one of these partials."

"Okay, well let us know when you find out." Liv felt the need to interject, she could see Nick's frustration building inside of him, they were all angry, but she needed to avoid any outbursts if they had any hope in finding Amanda.

The three of them turned into a sort of triangle, with Fin still fixed on the letter.

"Who the hell is John?" He asked, assuming that they'd all disregarded John Munch (a former SVU detective that they'd worked with for years) as the culprit. The other two returned his questioning gaze. They all looked from one to another for a moment, seeing if anyone had any sort of idea what was going on."

Fin's eyes presented a look of realisation, "Hold on, Liv - could this be the letter that Amanda got in the office this morning?"

"Um, yeah, it could. That would explain why she had the panic attack in the bathroom. She knew whoever this 'John' is, they were planning to find her."

"Look at the way this stuff is written though," Nick had been quiet until this point, trying to control his anger, "he knew what colour her underwear were, he wanted to know if she had 'changed her mind'. This, this can't be the only letter."

Fin and Liv looked at each other, they were confused and worried. If Amanda had been getting threats in the mail, why hadn't she said anything?

"Right, Fin - you and me will go over to Amanda's apartment, you've been in there before - that could be helpful." Liv paused, knowing Nick would object, "Nick. Go back to the precinct, check to see if Amanda had any previous connections with a 'John'."