The Nightmare Begins

Warning: both physical violence and indications of sexual violence. Also, a bit of a longer chapter.

Liv watched the footage from the ground level parking lot helplessly. There was nothing she could do but watch the men approach Amanda, before one threw her against a wall. A small glimmer of hope appeared in her eyes as she saw Amanda escape through the door.

"Did she get out?" She asked, almost not wanting to hear the answer.

"Well..." Fin said, "watch this."

He turned on the footage from the next floor, and they all watched hopefully as Amanda fought off one of the men. Their faces soon dropped as they saw her hit the ground and the circle of men form around her. Amanda was partially obscured by some of the men, but the squad had a good idea of what was happening in the middle.

After a few minutes, the circle disbanded, a black SUV pulled up along side the now visible body of Amanda and two of the men lifted her into the back seat, before getting in the car themselves. They were joined in the vehicle by a man in a business suit, and they then quickly sped toward the exit, and out of the parking lot, followed by two other SUVs.

Liv looked away from the video, her eyes were glassy but her emotions were a mixture of anger and sadness. She couldn't cry, she had managed to keep it together in front of the ever changing squad for over 16 years, saving her tears for when she was alone. She quickly blinked away the glaze covering her eyes, and turned back towards the detectives, who all had there eyes fixed on her.

She snapped into work mode, "Fin, what's the deal with the SUVs?"

"No plates, generic model, almost impossible to trace in New York."

"Crap... Uh... The guys in the video? What about them?"

Fin had more information here, and felt slightly relieved that he could shed some light on the situation. "Well, after tracing them all back to before Amanda was attacked," he paused at the thought of his partner being in danger, "we can see how it started out."

He clicked a button on the remote and brought up a video of Amanda sat on the bench with the letter, "here's Amanda sat on that bench yesterday... See there she gets the text from you Liv... And then she gets up and walks past the café..." He pauses the video and walks up to the monitor, he lifts his hand and points to a man in black sat at a table with a coffee. "This guy... Watch him." Fin lets the video play, and sure enough, just as Amanda passes him, he gets up and starts to walk in the same direction. He lifts a radio to his face, before throwing his coffee in the bin and walking into a side street.

Fin switches the feed to one of just inside the parking lot. "Now this guy... This is where it starts to get suspicious." His voice displays the anger he feels inside. He plays the clip. "Amanda's still obviously focused on whatever that bit of paper was, because when this guy walks into her, she grabs that first. She doesn't even see him take her phone from the floor, or the gun out of her bag."

Fin was confused, Amanda was always so vigilant, how did she not see that? Why didn't she go for her phone or gun first? No Fin. It wasn't her fault. They would've got her anyway. He mentally scolded himself for trying to blame her.

"Something must go on outside the lot, because he leaves for a few seconds, and then comes back in with four other guys. One looks like the guy from the café, and the one in the suit seems to be in charge of the others."

"Can we not see outside?" Amaro interrupts, he has been speechless until this point.

"Nah," Fin says with annoyance, "blind spot."