Struggling To Breathe

Warninggggg: violence of the sexual and physical kind.

Liv and Fin drove straight to the address that Nick had text over, when they arrived, there seemed to be only one SUV and a car that they recognised as Nick's. Empty.

"For God's sake, does the man have an issue with waiting for back up?" Fin huffed as they both quickly got out of the car, guns drawn. They were making their way towards the door as Nick came out with two guys in cuffs, his gun trained on both.

"Amaro, what are you doing? I thought I said to meet us, not go in without us?" Liv questioned.

"Yeah well you were taking too long." He said with a sarcastic tone. "Besides, I got everything we need from here." He said looking at the men, before directing them to the back of his car.

"How'd you mean?" Fin asked.

"Well I've canvassed the whole building, only these two here, guarding the stairs. Second floor up, there's a bedroom, lock on the outside of the door. I went in, no sign of anyone right now, but she was definitely in there."

Fin and Liv looked from Nick to each other, stunned.

"How'd you know she was there?" Fin asked again.

"Well all her clothes and makeup are in the the closet and adjoining bathroom..." Nick paused.

Liv could see he was holding something back, "and?"

"And it's a mess up there Liv." He said, tears forming in his eyes. "Some of her clothes are on the floor, either ripped or covered in blood, there's cigarette ash all over the bed, and blood there too. There's a smashed vase or something over the floor and the bed, it looked like it had been thrown against the wall. Outside the room there's a low cupboard - on top of that there's a roll of tape and a piece of rope. That's got blood all over it too."

Liv could feel her own breathing pick up, she turned away from Nick and put her arms against the side of her car, leaning into them. She was once again, desperately trying not to cry in front of her detectives. Or at least, the ones that were here.

"Amaro, you said you have everything we need?" She said, looking for any hope in the situation.

"Yeah well I've called CSU, they'll be down in a bit, a long with some officers to take those two." Liv looked at him, willing him to continue. "Liv, I know where they've gone." He almost smiled.

"Well where? How?" Liv suddenly had an urgency in her voice.

"I can be pretty persuasive," Nick smirked, holstering his gun, "they've gone to the coffee shop opposite the precinct. Turns out our friend John is these guys' boss. The guy in the suit from the parking lot. They reckon him, Amanda and six other guys have gone down there."

"Why would he take her there?" Fin suddenly blurted out, he'd been trying to work out what could've happened that would've left that much blood.

"We'll see that's where are friends get hazy," Nick stopped briefly as he saw squad cars pulling on to the property, "apparently, John is 'deeply in love' with Amanda and wanted to take her out to food. She was allowed to pick the place - she described it as 'the café near the parking lot' so he probably didn't even realise it was next to the precinct."

The officers that had joined them could sense this was an important conversation, and so were already in the process of moving the two men from Nick's car to their own.

"Let's get down there and get our girl back then." Fin said authoritatively, marching back to the car.

The detectives were so caught up in their mission that they didn't see the glint of the sniper positioned at the top of the building, not until a bullet had been sent straight into one of the called officer's chests. He immediately fell to the floor beside his squad car, having already put the suspect inside. Dead.