Chap.1

Sodas POV

"Pony, get up, you gotta get to school." I said as I shook my younger brother awake. He just groaned and pulled the pillow over his head. It was always he'll trying to get him awake.

"Ponyboy. It's your last day, come on. Summer awaits, kiddo." I said as I yanked off his blankets. He sighed and sat up, shooting me an evil glare as I buttoned up my DX shirt.

"I hate you." He mumbled as he shuffled over to his dresser drawers. I laughed and flung an arm around his shoulders.

"Come on baby brother. How about... when I get off we go see a movie at the drive in?" I questioned. He smiled but didn't look at me.

"Fine." He said as he pulled on his tee. I ruffled his hair and walked down stairs, bouncing with every step.

I spotted Steve with his feet proped up on the coffee table, a beer in his hand and chocolate all over his face. I grinned at him and rolled my eyes.

Steve was different than the rest of the gang for me. I just couldn't explain it. He gave me butterflies and made me blush but I always put it off as bestfriend love.

"Hey." I said as I sat on the sofa next to him. He looked over at me and I laughed.

"You got chocolate on your face." I told him.

"And you got stuble? You been shaving?" He questioned.

"Naw. No point. Maybe I'll grow put a beard. Whadda you think?" I asked as I rubbed my jawline.

"I think you'll look like Santa clauses younger brother that no body talks about." He replied.

"Are you calling me fat?" I asked in a fake sassy voice.

"No, I'm calling you overly jolly." He chuckled as he sipped on his beer.

I rolled my eyes as Darry came into view from the kitchen.

"You get Pony up?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well, get up then. We need to get going. Pony were leaving!"Darry yelled upstairs.

"Okay!" Pony replied.

We filed into the car and me and Darry bickered on who was driving because he had to be such an old lady and I lived on edge a bit.

Darry won of course.

I watched out the window as wind pushed back my hair. Darry dropped us off and took off without even a bye.

"He seems on edge." Steve said as we watched the car speed off.

"Yeah... come on." I said as I flung an arm around his shoulder and lead him to the garage.

Having my arm around him gave me enough butterflies.