Chap.15

A/n: if you don't like Cherry you can leave. Like I've got alot of hate for putting her in here and honestly idc. I like her. Get over it. It's my fanfic and if I want her in it she'll be in it.

Sodas POV

I picked at my lunch, considering I didn't have much of an appetite.

"Soda, hurry your ass up!" Twobit yelled at me as he paraded outside in his USA trunks.

I wasn't in the mood for the 4th. Steve had brought Evie along. This was our thing. Just the gang.

Not some dumb broad.

I sighed and pushed myself out to the backyard.

The smell of the grill hit my nose.

Everyone was in their swim trunks expect Darry, who was in a apron. He looked like a mom.

Darry and Steve had set up the pool so Dally and Johnny were in it. Dally was picking him up and tossing him in the water.

Twobit was checking out the fireworks with an evil look on his face.

Pony sat in the corner in a lawn chair reading a book.

Steve and Evie were all over each other on the outside of the pool.

If he's allowed to bring a girl along then I am too.

"Hey, Darry. Is it ok if I invite someone?" I asked.

"Go ahead." He said with a rare grin.

I smiled back and ran to the phone inside, my swim trunks almost slipping off of my waist.

I grabbed up the phone and dialed in the number.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello?" A sweet voice said on the other line.

"Cherry! Hey, I know it's the 4th and all but you don't think you would want to come over and eat? Swim maybe?" I asked. I liked Cherry. Not like I liked Steve, but she was a pretty good friend but I knew she had other things in mind.

"Of course! I'll be right over!" She said. I told her bye and hung up.

10 minutes later she was sat in a lawn chair, tanning next to Pony. Pony glanced over at her a few times, would blush, then burry his nose deeper into his book.

I even saw Darrys eyes wander to her a few times, and Twobit of course wolf whistled.

I expected Dally to whistle or make some dirty comment but he was too into playing around with Johnny.

I stood in front of her with a grin and she sat up, tilting her sunglasses onto the top of her head.

"It's so hot out." She sighed.

"You're telling me baby!" Twobit yelled, but Darry slapped him on the back of his head. I could feel Steve staring at us.

"Wanna go for a swim?" I questioned as I raised my eyebrow. She smiled and ran to the pool, jumping in quickly, splashing Dally and Johnny. They both laughed.

I jumped in after her with a grin.

I had to admit that she looked very pretty with her hair wet and a grin on her face as she tossed her sunglasses onto the lawn chair.

Pony blushed every time she even smiled at him. I could tell he liked her. I couldn't blame him.

"Chicken!" Dally yelled and Cherry laughed. She had a nice laugh.