Chap.37

Sodas POV

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

The only sound that filled the entire house was my breathing. Darry was at work and Pony went back to school.

I tried to tell Darry it was too much on Pony but he didn't listen. I couldn't go back to work. Not yet at least.

I pulled my self from bed and made my way downstairs, picking up a record and placing it on the record player before sitting on the sofa and leaning my head back, shutting my eyes.

I got about 2 minutes of silence because the door opened and slammed shut.

I looked up to see Steve setting a bag down onto the coffee table and he handed me a coke with a smile.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly, taking the coke.

"You haven't eaten a normal meal in a week. You need to get something." He said as he reached inside the bag, pulling out fries.

"I'm not hungry." I shook my head.

"Yeah well none of us are but we are eating normal. I don't need you skin and bones. Now take it." He replied as he handed me the fries. I hesitated before grabbing it from him.

It had been almost a week since me and him kissed and we hadn't talked about it. It was too much to talk about.

"Steve." I said, looking straight ahead, setting the drink and fries down.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Your birthday is tomorrow." I smiled, just then remembering it.

"Yeah. I guess in the middle of everything I forgot about it." He chuckled.

"18." I said under my breath. He would officaly be an adult.

"What do you plan on doing?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I don't want to celebrate my birthday." He chuckled.

"What? Yes you are." I snapped, sitting up.

"Soda please don't argue with me-"

"Steve. You have to celebrate your birthday. It's the best thing that'll come since Dally..." I stood up, looking at my feet.

"I really don't want to and that's it! There's nothing special about me, Soda! My birthday is just another year gone by!" He yelled at him, standing up.

"You're not just another person." I growled.

"Yes I am! I'm not going to go on to do anything amazing and when I die nobody will remember me in a few years! So fuck off." He yelled.

I balled up my fist and before I knew it I had hit him in the nose. He held it as blood dropped into his palm.

"I'm tired of you talking bad about yourself! Jesus Christ. Stop being a fucking crybaby! Figure out my feelings and ethier pick me or Evie you idiot!" I yelled.

He looked up at me, still holding his nose.

"Hit me." I growled.

"What?" He laughed coldly.

"Hit. Me. Back. Fucking faggot." I snapped.

I felt a sharp blow to my mouth and I stumbled back into the wall behind me and caught myself, laughing as blood driped from my lip.

I stood up straight and looked at him with a mean glare.

He had dropped his hand from his nose and now had it balled into a fist.

"Made up your mind yet?" I smirked.

He exhaled sharply and in a second his lips were on mine, him gripping the collar of my shirt as he pushed me harder against the wall.

Blood getting all over both of our mouths.

I tangled my hands in his hair as he smiled against the kiss.

He pulled back and grinned.

"So You like boys?" I asked sarcastically.

"Fuck you." He chuckled before slamming his lips into mine again.