Chap.3

Sodas POV

"What do you even plan on watching?" I asked as I walked beside Pony and Steve. Steve had decided to tag along considering he had nothing better to do.

"A scarey one. Swap monster or something." He answered.

"Well walking as slow as you are we will never catch it." I laughed as I started to sprint.

We were in our seats right as it started. The first half an hour consisted of the basic movie. Starts with 2 kids necking in a car when boom. Monster. I didn't find it scarey but by the middle of the movie Pony had thrown a bag of popcorn and 2 cokes and Steve had fallen out of his chair and swore it wasn't because he was scared.

I watched the screen when the green monster jumped up along with me.

I did the first thing that came to mind and grabbed Steve's hand.

He looked at me with wide eyes and I looked at him. I blushed and quickly pulled my hand back into my lap.

When the movie was over we walked Pony back home and I told Darry i didn't want Steve walking alone so I walked him back.

"You know i didn't mean to, right?" I said after long moments of silence. He looked over at me, confused.

"When I grabbed your hand... I didn't mean to." I said. He smiled and looked down.

"Yeah, I know." He chuckled.

We reached his house and stood on his front steps for a few seconds, watching each others eyes in the moonlight.

I wanted nothing more to kiss him but the little voice in the back of the head was trying to tell me i liked girls and I was straight, but I knew it wasn't true, epically since I was standing there, looking at him the way I was.

After a few seconds he smiled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"We have tommrow off. Maybe we should hang... like go to the park or something. I don't know. We haven't hung out in awhile." He offered. I smiled and nodded.

"That would be amazing, Stevie." I chuckled. He smiled and I could see a blush on his cheeks in the moonlight. We lingered for a second and his eyes flickered to my lips. Is he gonna kiss me? Please kiss me.

"Well, I've got to get inside. See you tommrow." He said. I smiled and nodded as I turned back down the road, a bit disappointed he didn't kiss me.