Chap.35

It's really cold in my room... thought I should let you know that... it's also 5:02 in the morning. YAY! SLEEP DEPRIVED WRITING! I LOVE YOU. HERE'S PINECONES ON A STICK! But fr pleaseee go look at modern day Outsiders booky I'm working on bc I'm literally busting my ass on all these stories but not sleeping and writing are the 2 things I do best! Ok. I'll leave. Love yA.

Sodas POV

I ran out after Johnny, the cold air immeadatly causing goosebumps on my skin.

"Johnny Cakes! Wait! Please talk to me!" I yelled.

"Why? Are you going to bring him back?!" Johnny snapped, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No but you keep on pushing us away and you're going to end up like him, and I mean how he was before he died." I replied, shaking my head and out streaching my arms for him.

He looked at me for a second then walked to my arms, letting me wrap him into a warm hug as he sobbed onto my shirt.

"It hurts Soda. It hurts so Damn much and we never get to have closure. I never get to know where he was going and why and if he even loved me back and it's sucks." He cried.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pursed my lips.

"Johnny Cakes, I want to tell you something I haven't told the gang because I trust you." I said.

He backed up and nodded, sitting on the step and lighting a cigarette, me doing the same.

"That night Dally showed up here and got me. He took me to the park and... we kissed and that made him realize he wanted you, so he pulled out a vodka bottle and told me he was going to you. He does love you." I said with a shaky voice. He was quiet and stared right ahead.

"Are you mad?" I asked quietly.

He smirked and shook his head.

"No I'm not mad. I'm mad at him. Reckless. Cold. Mean. But that's how he liked Dally." He laughed sadly.

"I know you loved him." I said softly.

"No..i still love him. I will always love him. When somebody asks me 'who was your first love?' I will always answer with 'it was and will always remain Dallas Winston.'" He smiled sadly, inhaling his cigarette.

"Man, I remember the day he met me." Johnny chuckled, going on.

"I used to go to the park when I was 6 and climb the tallest trees and I would stare at the happy families and hope and pray some day I had that. Well, one day little 8 year old Dally, fresh from New York, saw me up there. I remember him yelling 'why ya up there for?' In the most New York accent." He chuckled, putting out his cigarette.

"I told him why I was up there and I remember him saying 'i don't gotta family ethier! Let's be family!' So I climbed down the tree right, and the first thing he says to me is 'wanna watch me put a whole ice cream cone in my mouth?', granted he already had chocolate all over his face. Think about that, Soda. He was 8. At least i had a home. He didnt. They kicked an 8 year old boy who couldn't even clean up his face onto the streets of new York and left him there." Johnny continued, shaking his head, then he looked at me.

"I don't want his dad there. His mom is long gone but his dad is not coming to his funeral. He doesn't get to look at Dally one last time. He dosent deserve to because he will never add up to the man Dally was for even a second in his life." Johnny grumbled.

I swallowed and wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

"Don't worry about that. I don't even think he knows Dally is gone." I replied, shaking my head. It grew silent.

But not a bad quiet, a quiet where crickets filled the air along with the chattering of Johnny teeth.

"Johnny Cakes, ain't you cold?" I asked, noticing he didn't have a coat on, just a thin shirt.

He chuckled sadly and shook his head.

"You have no idea, Sodapop."