Chap. 25

Sodas POV

I laid in bed, staring at my ceiling.

"Soda, bestfriends argue all the time. You've got to get out of bed." Pony said as he shook me.

"Yo don't get it Pone." I sighed as I rolled and hugged my pillow.

The door opened and I turned to see Dally walkin in.

"He won't get out of bed." Pony said as if I wasn't there.

"I got him, kid." Dally smiled. Pony nodded and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Dally laid next to me, lighting a cigerette.

"You told him?" Dally asked.

"Yeah." I answered, not looking at him. It was quiet except for the sound of Dally sucking on his cigarette.

"Were still friends, right?" I asked.

"Of course. Soda do you know what JFK's last words were?" Dally asked.

"No."

"That's obivous." He said.

I rolled to face him.

"His wife said 'i think Dallas wants to be friends' and he replied 'that's obvious' then was shot. What a coincidence." He chuckled.

He turned his head toward me.

"Your question.. it was why do good people get rotten lives. Have you found your answer?" He asked.

"No. You find your answer? What happens when we die." I asked.

"Nope. I'm still alive. I won't know the answer until I die, Sodapop. Until then I'll live like crazy." He chuckled. He stood up and walked to the door.

"Goodluck, man." He said before walking out, leaving the smell of smoke behind.