Chap. 30

Steve's POV

"What do you want?!" I snapped as my grandma shook me awake.

It was still dark out.

"Someone's here for you. It's an emergency." She said.

I sighed an jumped out of bed, furrowing my eyebrows.

I walked to the front door to see Pony standing, tears running down his cheeks as Darry held him up.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Steve- Dally- he-" Pony stuttered.

"What?" I spat.

"Come on." Darry said as he pulled me outside.

I asked 100 questions as Darry drove but he wouldn't answer. Then we stopped at the emegering of a road where sirens were and flashing lights.

God, soda be ok. Please.

I jumped out but it wasn't Sodas body I saw bein wrapped into black tarp.

It wasn't Sodas car I saw.

It wasn't Sodas smashed glass vodka bottle on the ground.

It was Dallys.

I ran up to the paramedics who were wrapping the body.

"No! No! GOD WHAT HAPPENED?" I sobbed as tears rolled.

He didn't look dead. He had a smirk on his face and a little blood from his nose.

"He's okay right?!" I yelled. They ignored me and continues wrapping him.

"RIGHT?!" I screamed at them.

Darry grabbed my shoulder.

"GOD NO!" I screamed as I fell to the cement.

"He's not dead right?!" I yelled.

"We... we were out looking for Soda and saw. We recognized the car. Johnny was already here. He's looking for Soda now." Darry shook his head.

"Where's Soda? Why's Johnny alone? Does Twobit know?" I asked.

"Twobit is with Johnny looking for Soda. Johnny can barely function. We have no clue where Soda disappeared to." Darry said, his voice shaking.

I swallowed tears.

"He's really dead huh?" I asked as they pushed the body into the ambulance.

"He was drunk driving. Ran right into a cop car. Didn't even swerve." Darry sighed. I felt a tear drop on my head as Pony sat down next to me.

"Do you think he killed himself?" I asked quietly.

Darry swallowed.

"I... I don't know. He was drunk and he had tearstains on his face so he was upset. He didn't swerve. He was impulsive. All the time." Pony said. I looked at him and tears rolled down his cheeks faster as we watched them higher Dally, no... Dallys body, into the truck.

"Its. Not. Fair." Pony cried.

He laid his head in my lap and we cried.

Cried.

And cried.

He was gone. It wasn't fair. He wasn't allowed to just leave like that.

"You impulsive bastard." I cried to him.