Chap.18

Sodas POV

It was Ponyboys idea. His idea to drag us out to a movie for a date. His idea to bring Steve and Evie along. His idea that me and Cherry should come and honestly I don't think ive ever hated him.

I couldn't totally blame him for the mess because it was Cherrys idea to bring her friend along for Pony.

I hated sitting beside Cherry whole Steve was sat with Evie.

I sighed and my eyes became blurry. The movie screen was no longer any interest to me.

About halfway through the movie I could feel Pony looking at me and Cherry. He wanted to be with her and I didnt.

I felt an arm wrap around me.

"Hey, Greaser!" It yelled. I spun around to see Twobit with a wide smile. Twobit was good at voice impressions.

"Hey, Keith." Cherrys friend said. I think her name was Marcia?

"How do you know me?" Twobit asked as he sipped on a beer.

"Oh, everyone knows about Twobit Matthews." She laughed. I could tell Pony was getting ticked off that she wasn't paying any attention to him at all.

I sighed and decided to do what would make my baby brother happiest.

"Cherry, I think Ponyboy likes you." I said quietly. Her cheeks turned bright red.

"You... you think?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I... I don't know. I like you but... heck... He is pretty cute." She said shrugging.

"Go hang out with him. I'm fine alone. Marcia seems more into Twobit anyways." I said as I nodded to Twobit and Marcia who were laughing togther

She smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking to Ponyboy.

It was worth giving up a pretty girl to see his smile as she sat next to him.

I smiled and went to walk out but I felt someone grab my wrist. I turned to see it was Evie. She had a smile. God I wanted to hate her.

"You want to sit with me and Steve?" She asked. I swallowed.

"Um, thanks but I better get home." I lied. The truth was I couldn't sit with them without being uncomfortable.

"You shouldn't walk alone. Steve why don't you walk him?" She offered.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'll be fine." She replied with a shrug.

He shot her a smile and walked past her.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and shivered as a cold gust of air came.

It was dark and the only real light we had were the street lamps.

We had walked for about 5 minutes in silence.

"Ever heard the song 'A Teenager In Love'?" He asked abruptly.

"No." I answered.

"You should listen to it." He said as he lit a cigerette.

"That's it?" I laughed, cold heartedly.

"What?" He asked.

"We kiss and all you do is recommd a song to me? If that's what you're going to do then I'll just walk by myself. I'm perfectly-" but his lips slammed into mine before I could finish.

"You talk to much." He said as he grabbed my hand in his.

"I'm not an object." I snapped as I tried to pull away but he twirled me and pulled me into his arms. His hands on my waist.

"God's you're like a child." He laughed before kissing me again. His lips tasted of cherries, probably from Evies lip gloss, and cigerettes. I didn't mind. They were his lips and that's all that mattered to me.