Chap.5

Sodas POV

I sighed as my elbow slipped on the counter. I hated having to work the counter whole Steve was outside fixing up cars.

I hadn't talked to him about the night before. We had barely talked at all actually. We just said good morning to each other and made our way.

I was worried he was uncomfortable and he didn't like it. I liked it. I loved it. If he didn't want to kiss you then why did he?

I sighed again and the front door opened to show Steve, his hair matted against his forehead and his body dripping water. I chuckled at the sight of him and his pouty face as waterdroplets slipped down him.

"Raining?" I asked. He sighed and nodded as he ringed out a corner of his shirt. I glanced at the clock and saw that it read 5 p.m.

"Well our time is up anyways." I said, hopping over the counter.

"Let's go play in the rain like we used to do." He said with a grin. I chased him outside as water hit my face. It felt nice to get rain in the hot May air.

I ran after him until we reached the park and we fell down into a mud spot next to each other, gasping for air as we chuckled.

When our laughter died down I looked over at him to see he was already staring at me. He blushed and quickly stood up as I did too.

He ran a hand through his hair and I grabbed his hand,causing him to look at me.

"Steve... where are we?" I questioned. He sighed and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Im... I'm not gay." He snapped suddenly pulling his hand away. His voice shook a bit at the words and I felt my heart crack a little.

"Then why did you kiss me?" I asked as rain dripped down my face.

"I-i-." He stuttered as he tried to search for words. He seemed so flustered and upset.

"Steve... you love me... don't you?" I asked, finally realizing why he was getting so upset.

"No! This is all in your head. The whole 'love' thing is a fairytale you made up to feel better!" He snapped as tears streamed down his face. I was right. He did love me. And he was scared.

"Don't give me that bullshit!" I yelled as tears stung my eyes.

He looked at me as his bottom lip trembled.

"You love me! Admit it! You wouldny have kissed me if you didn't!" I yelled. I felt a sharp blow to my nose and stumbled back as my nose throbbed and blood dropped down onto my shirt. I looked at Steve who was staring at his fist as if he wasn't the one who had hit me.

"Soda i-" but I cut him off. I slammed my lips into his and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He quickly melted and his hands softly grabbed my hips, pulling me closer. I could taste the blood in the kiss but he didn't seem to mind it.

I pulled away and smile sadly as tears streamed my face.

"Let me know whennyoure ready to admit it, Steve." I said with a shaky voice before pulling back and walking down the street. Watching my feet as I stuffed my hands into my pockets and blood ran from my nose. I sniffled and wiped away a tear as I tried everything in my power to not turn back around and run to him. I didn't turn back to look at him. I knew if I did that I would snap and run to him.

"He's just an idiot, Soda." I tried to convince myself but I knew it wasn't true, no matter how many times I ran it through my head it would never be true.

"Idiot." I sobbed.