Visit

🌻 Mia's P.O.V. 🌻
I laid silently my tired eyes focused on the television, head rested on his T-shirt covered chest as his fingers slowly ran through my curly hair. For the first time in two weeks I was contented and it was all because of Lucas. I would be lying if I said that my attachment to the man didn't scare me. I tried so hard to fight my attraction to him which only resulted in it growing. I've never felt this way about someone. Never been the type to get attached to people easily and unnecessarily. I'd been hurt once and had since promised myself to never let it happen again but Lucas was making that promise hard to keep. In fact I was doing the complete opposite.

. Flashback.
I stood proudly my hands fixed on my hips as I looked around my now extremely clean house. The kitchen now sported bright yellow walls simply because I was bored and on the verge of insanity. Today being my day off only adding to my unstable state but the root of my problem caused my heart to flutter painfully. I missed him. I haven't seen him in three days for reasons unbeknown to me and it was driving me crazy.

Why on God's green earth was I missing Lucas when all he did was annoy me? More importantly how is it possible that I got attached to someone I only spent a total of three days with? It annoyed me that I was affected over the mere thought of him being angry with me, affected enough by the thought that I'd redecorated my entire house in hopes of distracting myself from the gnawing feeling that sat in my chest.

My ringing phone caught my attention sighing I lazily walked over to the kitchen already knowing it was my mother calling to ensure that I hadn't been eaten by rabid animals for the forth time today.

"Mommy." I answered robotically.

"Buttercup I would much prefer you call me daddy but whatever you're into is fine." His smooth voice rasped causing a shiver to slithered down my spine.

"So you finally decide to call after three days." I grumbled once I'd gotten over the initial shock.

"You counted the days?" He asked to which I rolled my eyes both at his dumb question and at the fact that I was smiling like a love struck teenager.

"Didn't you?" I quipped seeing no point in denying the truth.

"I'm sorry love I had to leave unexpectedly to handle some business out of town. It's comforting to know that my girlfriend missed me though." He explained his words allowing me to finally relax.

"Again Lucas I'm not your girlfriend." I stated walking over to my couch before throwing my body onto it.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Buttercup once you know that you're mine. Are you okay?" He asked his tone changing to a serious one.

"I'm fine." I answered nervously fiddling with the hem of my T-shirt.

"Seeing that you won't say it I will. I miss you Mia." He said smoothly successful causing my heart to skip a beat.

"I would miss me too if I were you." I answered smartly.

"For the first time I'd have to agree with you baby." He chuckled causing my smile to brighten.

We talked that night for a few hours only ending the call because my mother had called and Lucas had to go handle some business as he put it. That night was the beginning of my demise, with every call and every witty remark in the days that followed I'd fallen further and at this point I couldn't deny it anymore I had overwhelming feelings for Lucas and it scared me.