Reject

🌻Previously🌻
"Lucas would catch a fit if he knew you came here." Jax repeated for the tenth time as we neared our destination my heal cladded feet sinking into the moist earth beneath me.

"You've said that already and I wanted to meet your sister officially." I chirped smiling over at the frowning man.

"He's going to kill me if he ever finds out." He muttered shaking his head before increasing his pace.

"He isn't that bad Jax he won't." I muttered frustratedly kicking my black pumps off.

"Mia you really are a sweetheart if you believe that." He added coming to a stop his eyes focusing on the headstone before him.

"Mia I'd like you to meet my little sister Jannie." He said lowly before moving so he sat on the grave. Not knowing what to do I gently placed the bouquet of pink flowers I'd bought onto the headstone.

"Mia are you in love with my cousin?" Jax asked after a long pause his question catching me by surprise seeing that Lucas and I have never said that we loved each other which isn't a surprise seeing that it's only been two weeks. I did have strong feelings for Lucas which may be enough to qualify as me loving him but I never verbalized it and neither has he and I was perfectly fine with that.

"You do. He's your mate and you being human only means that you don't understand what you're feeling and why is it possible to love someone, a stranger after what only a month of knowing them. I'll put this simply for you he's your prince charming, your perfect match and vice versa." He explained to which I simply nodded too trying to understand why he was randomly telling me this.

"I'm telling you this because I want my cousin to be happy. He hasn't been happy for a very long time and now you've changed that. I just need you to understand how important you are to him and in extension his pack." He concluded his blue eyes never leaving his sister's headstone all while I sat questioning what I really felt towards Lucas.

                                                             🌻🐾🌻
(Presently)
🐾Lucas' P.O.V🐾.   
My hands sunk further into my pockets as my eyes settled on her approaching silhouette. The winter breeze howling as it slipped past my tense body all while I attempted to drown out my wolf's voice repeating that this was a bad idea.

"Lucas." She greeted causing a cracking sound to erupt from the skies the dark cloud that hung over my territory for the past week disappearing.

"Beatrice. Still into the dramatics I see." I said moving my eyes from the now cloudless night skies to the petite dark skinned woman before me.

"Says the King of ice." She muttered fixing her wild white hair that stood proudly atop her head every strand defying gravity.

"What are you wearing?" I asked no longer being able to put off the crazy ensemble.

"I wanted to look the part in case I met the human you decided to keep." She spat walking past me in her multicolored metallic half pantsuit half dress. Taking a deep breath I followed the woman into my pack house.